1965 Riviera master power windows switch connector/pigtail

Guest RivieraParadise

Guest RivieraParadise

Hello I am looking for the plastic connector with wiring intact for my 1965 Riv master power windows switch. I'm not sure if it matters but my car had the custom interior. Will need a set of switches too but mainly need the pigtail for now to get my windows working.

Guest RivieraParadise
Is that your car in the avatar? BADASS COLOR! Looks like the original color of my car but prettier. Is it a candy or metallic? Would look great against my white interior.

arnulfo

Thank you, yes it is. It is a candy purple over a black base with micro flake.

post-108203-143143055615_thumb.jpg

Edited by RivieraParadise (see edit history)

OK Riviera People: I have a few driver's 4 gang, Custom interior power window switch cradles that are broken. The problem seem like the "keeper plate" cardboard type material that holds the individual wires in place in the plastic cradle gets brittle and then they start coming loose and failing.

If someone could reproduce a substitute plate with a pin/screw type set-up to secure it to the cradle that would be fantastic. The power seat switch also seems to suffer from the same deterioration problem. Would anyone know of such a set-up? Mitch

I've got the same situation with my '64. Two of the wires have come out of the swtich because the paper backing went pfffft. Now let's see if I can figure out which wire goes into which slot. :confused:

Who's going to come up with a fix?

Ed

Guest RivieraParadise

That will work, thank you! Looks to be a quality reproduction of the same connector that I have. Now like RivNut said, I will just need to find out which wires go where, but most of them are still laying in the connector so it shouldn't be too tough.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RivieraParadise

Got my new connector in and swapped the wires from old to new. Here's the wiring layout for those who have loose wires. Hope this helps.

post-108203-143143083233_thumb.jpg

post-108203-143143083205_thumb.jpg

OK Riviera People: My core sample is on it's way to the Angry Pilgrim. Hopefully he can lazer etch a piece of plastic that can attach to the cradle at a much more reasonable cost than $50. Remember, the power seat switch is also in the mix.

A question? Are the colors for the power window and power switch wire looms different for 63, 64 and 65? A diagram included with the re-fabricated keeper would prove invaluable. Mitch

• 3 years later...

I have the cardboard piece laser cut out of plastic:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/63-64-65-66-Buick-Riviera-Power-Window-Switch-Driver-Wire-Plug-Cover-Repair-New/232462006912?hash=item361fd0ba80:g:WlcAAOSwRTVaXZ9S

I also have the power seat version,  drivers side power vent window, and passenger side window & power vent

I am also in the process of reproducing the complete connector for all of the version. They will be just just like the original one.

James

• Like 1