Ford Fairlane Speedometer Help

semitar6

I recently discovered a wire basket, full of old speedometers in a barn here in Michigan and was trying to find some information on the model of car these speedometers went into. I've had two people tell me two different things. One told me they were from a 1955 olds pickup and another told me they were from a 1955-56 Ford Fairlane. Any information about them would be welcome.

thanks

tonypost-107666-143143011831_thumb.jpg

post-107666-143143011823_thumb.jpg

post-107666-143143011826_thumb.jpg

post-107666-143143011828_thumb.jpg

i don't have any personal experience to identify the speedometer by looking at it but the Ford Part number system would identify part number C9TF17255C as a 1969 Ford Truck Speedometer.

Guest Bob Call

There were no Olds pickups in 55. I think the last Olds truck was 1938. Maxing at 90 pretty well means it's a pickup. I know it's not a Chevy or GMC. As Matt indicates it looks like a Ford part number on the back.

These speedometers definitely look like mine...so they were used on more then one vehicle...perhaps that's what the problem is. But did any 69 vehicles have these speedometers, because the serial number on the back suggest they were...at least that is what another member told me.