1970 chrysler 300 Hurst

Guest Rp1967

Saw this car being worked on at a repair shop

Assume they were low in production numbers

Anyone familiar with a 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst edition

Phone acting up, will try to add pics from PC later

The convertible is the promo car that Linda Vaughn made famous. One of my all time fav's. I was going to build a replica of the convertible about 10 yrs ago.Had a 70 300 convertible and a 300 H that was beyond restoring lined up to buy. One of the sellers I was dealing with decided he liked my idea better than I did and went around me to buy the Hurst.

Both cars are still sitting rotting away as he lost storage and left them outside. Typical hoarder mentality, no ambition, talent, or brains. Just loves to tell everybody he has them, tempts with a price, and then says nope, wont sell 'em.

Just doesn't get it that now they are rotten beyond repair. A real shame.

Some 20 years ago I had the chance to buy the one Richard Petty had owned, but having a car in restoration shop and house payment/daily life expenses etc to contend with at that time, I didn't get it. 300H is a bucket list car. Just something about a fast big car...

Just think how a 300H and a 1974 Hurst/Olds in Pace Car livery would look sitting side by side!:cool:

Story I heard is they made 501. One convertible, and 500 2 door hardtops. I got to see the convertible at a car show in 1970 when it was brand new and making the rounds, and I have seen at least two of the two door hardtops since. I believe the hood and trunklid are fiberglass.

Craig