Lucas oil

copperjohn

Usually when a modern oil says "Not recommended for passenger car use" it normally means not for modern car use, since the high zinc levels will kill the catalytic converters.

If you notice the Lucas Hot Rod and Classic oil says "High Zinc" right on the container and the write up on their website say for cars "without catalytic converters".

I use Valvoline VR-1 Synthetic racing oil in all my antique cars that don't have CATs, since it has a higher zinc level.

The Lucas Oil looks good to me, but I would contact Lucas directly via there website to ask any questions you may have as they are the experts on their products. I have contact Valvoline with questions like this and always got an answer and sometimes they have told me not to use specific product I asked about for my application.

Everyone has their favorite oil that is the best. Make your decision based on solid facts and then decide on your best oil.

Edited by Vila (see edit history)

Usually when a modern oil says "Not recommended for passenger car use" it normally means not for modern car use, since the high zinc levels will kill the catalytic converters.

If you notice the Lucas Hot Rod and Classic oil says "High Zinc" right on the container and the write up on their website say for cars "without catalytic converters".

I use Valvoline VR-1 Synthetic racing oil in all my antique cars, since it has a higher zinc level.

The Lucas Oil looks good to me, but I would contact Lucas directly via there website to ask any questions you may have as they are the experts on their products. I have contact Valvoline with questions like this and always got an answer and sometimes they have told me not to use specific product I asked about for my application.

Everyone has their favorite oil that is the best. Make your decision based on solid facts and then decide on your best oil.

Thanks Vila, I did contact Lucas and it sounds like a good oil for old engines. I had wondered if anyone had used it and what they thought. I'll try it.