New Here

Guest Downtimesfl

Guest Downtimesfl

Good Morning, afternoon or Evening to everyone depending on where you are and when you read this. I've been a lurker here for a while, but i figured it was time to finally post and say hi. I own 1 and 1/2 1939 series 40 coupes. I always wanted an Art Deco Coupe and this one kind of fell into my lap. I picked up a parts car to help me fix up my own series 40. I'm currently doing some floor pan clean up to get rid of the rust holes and patching up some other panels to get her back on the road for the spring driving season.

So if you have any care and feeding suggestions or hints this is my first classic.

Nice meeting you all in advance.

post-105555-143142920521_thumb.jpg

Me enjoying a drive to work when a freeze plug let loose. Don't worry She was back up and driving the next day.

Downtimes....

Welcome and congratulations for driving your Buick. I am sure one of the 39 Buick Team will invite you to join their group too. There is lots of info here on the forum if you just do a search for what you need. We're here to help with any questions....

Enjoy!

Guest Downtimesfl

Thanks everyone, I just updated my profile a bit. Yeah I'm in South Florida, Ft. Lauderdale to be specific. I've got 2 complete sets of working running gear, its the bright work and the externals that I'm short of.

Downtimes....

Welcome and congratulations for driving your Buick. I am sure one of the 39 Buick Team will invite you to join their group too. There is lots of info here on the forum if you just do a search for what you need. We're here to help with any questions....

Enjoy!

Yep. You are welcome to the join the '39 Buick team

Several of is own more than 1 '39 Buick, with the 2nd & 3rd being incomplete

We like photo's

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Guest Downtimesfl

Thanks Everyone! I dod think the Pre war cars are about the best looking ever made. Now if i can just convince my wife that Bi-plies are safe and the only way to go.

Guest Jon Barker

Welcome from yet another prewar Buick owner (a 37 this time). I think you'll find the forum invaluable although I doubt it stretches as far as convincing your wife about anything !