New to classic restorations.

GLC

GLC

Welcome to the AACA Forum. We hope you come back often. Post some photos, and if this is a restoration you're doing, keep us updated on your progress.

My brother just bought a 64 Impala SS convertible with 327/4-speed. Nice cars.

Classic Industries classicindustries.com

National Parts Depot npdlink.com

There are also a few Impala-only vendors. Hubbard's and Sinclair come to mind. Is Impala Bob's still in business? Most anyone handling Impala stuff all gets it from the same sources, so go for the best price and customer service.

One key thing to remember is that a LOT of basic Fisher Body stuff is interchangeable between 62-64 Buick-Olds-Pontiac-Chevrolet full-size cars. Weatherstrips and rubber parts, body glass, things like that. Also some of the electrical stuff.

Mechanical stuff will be easy to find (I'm busting a gut to keep from saying you can buy Chevy parts at Wal-Mart!).

Restoration World in Dayton, OH has about everything you can get. They ship anywhere, but are really close to me, so I just go pick it up, and wonder around looking, in the showroom. They've always done me the best on price, it may vary if shipped, though. I could definitely max out a credit card with "I should buy this while I'm here" syndrome, if not careful.