Just wondering...

Guest drnittler

Guest drnittler

I have been an AACA member for over ten years. I live in south Texas. So I am wondering if there will be any events reasonably close and/or AACA chapters and or members in our area ? It seems that people in south Texas can not participate in AACA very well because nothing is happening in our area or because of the distance to get to an event. Thanks.

Since you live in Texas, you certainly realize that nothing is close, but you missed a great Sentimental Tour in Kerrville Texas a few years ago. There was also a National Meet is West Texas this year. Please keep an eye on the Antique Automobile magazine for upcoming AACA Events on the events calendar.

Wayne

PS, forgot to mention, there will be a National Meet in Houma, LA next year too.

AACA Events in Texas --

This is James Bartlett, member of the AACA Gulf Coast Region in Houston. I will be chairing the Texas Tour in 2015, which will be held April 16-19 in Tomball, with is 35 miles north of Houston. We'll have a couple of driving tours, see several great car collections, tour some local attractions, have car judging, etc. Although this isn't an AACA national-sanctioned event, it is the oldest continuous car tour in the Southwest, and is sponsored on a rotating basis by four AACA regions and one Horseless Carriage Club region. We'd love to have other clubs join in.

Additionally, the Gulf Coast Region will sponsor an officially AACA-sanctioned national judging meet in October of 2016, somewhere in the Houston area.

Further, several of us just returned from the Grand 'ol Tour in San Angelo, in West Texas. This is another annual tour jointly sponsored by a group of AACA regions and other clubs. It's generally in October, when the weather is delightful out there.

Why don't you send me an email and I'll send you some further information. We always have a number of activities coming up, and I'll be happy to keep you informed. Also, feel free to drop by sometime when you're in our area. I'm always available for tire-kicking.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drnittler

Update to just wondering...Are there interested people out there who would would like to form a south Texas AACA chapter? The area would be from San Antonio to Laredo etc. Let me know what you think, on this forum site. Thanks.

I think it's great that you want to start a south Texas chapter. In addition to non-AACA members who frequent the forum who may be interested, I highly suggest you obtain a list of members in that area and send them a personal invitation. Our current AACA President is also not that far away in Houston, and if you can get enough interested parties interested to have an organizational meeting, I'd be willing to bet that she could help you.

Guest drnittler

It seems more efficient to see if I get some replies here first. I think that people will know that they need to be in AACA to be in an AACA chapter. If I don't get replies then I will have my answer.

Only if they are on the forum will this be true. It may seem counter intuitive in todays world but sometimes the most gifted antique car guy is not very computer savvy or even interested in this kind of forum. Don't let this be the only way to find fellow members. Also if you had a heading that spoke specifically to your wants you may realize higher traffic. Maybe like "South texas region startup". Good Luck!