Sad day for our neighbor Canadians

TexasJohn55

A Hero for sure! AND, the Canadian PM is a big enough man to call it what it is - Islamic terrorism. WE on the other hand, seem intent on cutting our own throats with a politically correct knife.

Guest AlCapone

We have a great country and this proves we are not immune to terrorism. Thanks for the compliments !

Wayne ( Sarnia, Ontario, Canada )

It could have been a lot worse if the gunman had done some research first. It appears to have been a spontaneous act in response to the fact his passport application had been refused. It was caucus day and both the Conservative government members and the New Democratic Party official opposition members were in their respective caucus rooms which are directly across the hall from each other. Neither of these rooms can be locked, nor were there any security officers in them, even though Prime Minister Harper was in the Conservative room. If the gunman had known that he could have wreaked havoc in the building. He ran right past them.

Terry

My wife works for a community service organization in Burnaby, BC and has contact with an interfaith group which organizes tours of the various places of worship in the city. It was reported the he briefly attended a Muslim mosque in Burnaby. There is only one mosque and one evening last year the group had a tour through it. While we were there, a young bearded, rather unkempt man was praying. When his picture was broadcast on the evening news, my wife said "Oh my God, he was the man praying!" It goes without saying that there are a lot of young, bearded men in the Muslim community, but after 35 years of marriage I have learned to respect (and admire)my wife's ability to recognize faces she has only seen once. I have no reason to believe she's wrong.

Scary thought!

Terry

My condolences to the family of the young man and every Canadian. Worked on Vancouver Island in '76 and north of Vancouver in early '80s, Toronto later - great folks. Proud to be your neighbor. Listen to AIH at least once a week.

Where did you work on Vancouver Island?