Auto trans Nailhead adaptor kit

Rooster

Nailhead engine 57 - 63 to Chev auto transmission adaptor kit. Got one of these laying around not going to be used ?

I know it's along shot but ----------- ;) You never know.

I believe Bendtsens kit is the one to get, although I have heard of a make called EELCO.

Edited by Rooster (see edit history)

Nailhead engine 57 - 63 to Chev auto transmission adaptor kit. Got one of these laying around not going to be used ?

I know it's along shot but ----------- ;) You never know.

I believe Bendtsens kit is the one to get, although I have heard of a make called EELCO.

And you WILL show us what you are building!! Won't you!!:confused:

Ben

I've been to his website. Looks like he is on selling the Bendtsens kit. At the moment I thought of trying my luck at sourcing a used one if there is such an animal in existence.

By the time I buy new, add shipping , red tape and more $$ to Govt. grabbers it will turn out to be an expensive bit of gear. :eek:

I don't have an extra one but have a Bendtsens kit sandwiched between a 425 and 700R4. Certainly would recommend their product. I have read many posts on various sites indicating issues with the EELCO adapters.

Gary

Guest 42buickman

I just put a Bendtsens kit in my '56 Century, with a built 401 and a 700r4 and rear differential from a '62 full size Buick, and trailing arms from a Chev pickup. Should have it running tomorrow, Thursday. And, I have a '33 model 67 that's been cut down into a pickup, but, a horrible job. So, I'm using a '34 Chev car rear body to make it look a bit better. The rear fenders are '32 big series Buick, and the engine and transmission are from a '87 Grand National. All the running gear will be for sale when I get started. It runs and drives great. But, I have my '56 to finish, just a little, then a '50 Convertible to finish up the wiring and interior. Now, I have something to live for, hate to have someone else finish it. Paul

I just put a Bendtsens kit in my '56 Century, with a built 401 and a 700r4 and rear differential from a '62 full size Buick, and trailing arms from a Chev pickup. Should have it running tomorrow, Thursday. And, I have a '33 model 67 that's been cut down into a pickup, but, a horrible job. So, I'm using a '34 Chev car rear body to make it look a bit better. The rear fenders are '32 big series Buick, and the engine and transmission are from a '87 Grand National. All the running gear will be for sale when I get started. It runs and drives great. But, I have my '56 to finish, just a little, then a '50 Convertible to finish up the wiring and interior. Now, I have something to live for, hate to have someone else finish it. Paul

Paul,

Love to see some photos of that set up if you have some to share.

Particularly the rear end set up.

Is the 62 full size diff the same width as the 56? Any ideas what other years might fit?

Guest 42buickman
Paul,

Love to see some photos of that set up if you have some to share.

Particularly the rear end set up.

Is the 62 full size diff the same width as the 56? Any ideas what other years might fit?

I will try to send pictures of this change. It was relatively simple, and works with '56 thru '60 Buicks using the differential only from a '61 or a '62 full size Buick. Just pull the axles, remove the differential and torque tube etc. and slip in the differential. I used the trailing arms from a Chev. pickup, '62 thru '72 I believe. Paul