Looking for keys Buick Roadmaster 1953 convertible

Guest Bellinko

Guest Bellinko

Hello, my name is Rik, I am living in Belgium

We bought a Buick Roadmaster convertible from 1953.

The car is in verry good condition, the engine runs, but

we miss the key.

Our company is specialized in Europeanen classiccars so

this is the frist American visitor.

So iff somebody can give me advice how to order a key

I have the vin number, in attachment picture off vinplate.

Other question is off course what is the value off this car

Thank you for help

Greetings from Belgium

Rik

post-100753-143142516007_thumb.jpg

I know in 1951 one key fit all locks and the ignition. I took the glove compartment lock assembly out and took it to a locksmith. They were able to take the code from that lock assembly and made me a key for it. They made it sound simple once they had the code, taken from the lock assembly.

A '53 Roadmaster convertible is a rare and desirable car. In half a lifetime of going to Buick Club meets and Hershey AACA meets, I have only seen two in person. There was a very, very nice red one advertised in the Buick Bugle magazine last summer for $42,000, and I do know that it sold. I think it was reasonably priced, and maybe even a bit low, for as nice as it was. They do not bring as much money as the 1953 Skylarks, but I think they are just as impressive. With the 12-volt electrical system and overhead valve V-8, they are as modern a car as you can get for 1953.

Since a locksmith in Belgium might not have a book to look up the key code, I would be willing to take the lock cylinder to my local locksmith for you, to get a key made, if you wanted to mail it to me in Texas. But that would probably take 2-3 weeks for trans-Atlantic mail. There is also a business called "Jesser's Classic Keys" which advertises on the internet, but I have never done business with them.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

1948 Buick Super sedanet

1948 Buick Roadmaster sedanet

1949 Buick Super 4-dr. sedan

1949 Buick Super Estate Wagon

1950 Buick Roadmaster 2-dr. hardtop

1959 Buick Electra 2-dr. hardtop

(and others...)

I didn't have a key for my '53 Roadmaster convertible when I got it either. I ended up getting a '53 Super parts car in which I took the glove box lock into a locksmith and had a key made for about $25. I then checked the new key in the door, ignition and trunk of the parts car and fortunately it worked in all. I am now using all these locks in the Roadmaster.

I'm not sure of the value of these cars, but I know it takes a ton of money and time to do a complete restoration, been working on mine for almost 5 years now. Hopefully when it's done, I can enjoy it for many years to come.