1955 buick nailhead rebuilder northeast (New York area )

Guest 38buick55special

Guest 38buick55special

I am looking for someone to rebuild my 264 nailhead in the tri state area. I don't mind driving as long as I get a quality rebuild. Most of the shops that I have spoken to don't know to much about our buick motors.

You can do it yourself but to clarify what that really means is to "assemble" it yourself. You will still need an engine shop to cook the block, heads, and misc parts, measure and most likely re-bore and hone the cylinders, replace/line ream the cam bearings, and do the numerous things that should be checked and done to the heads. If you choose to forgo some or most of those items it's not a re-build but rather a re-fresh or repair. ..............Bob

Guest 38buick55special

Hey guys thanks for the replies, yes I will be disassembling and reassembling the engine myself. Sorry I should have specified that. I just need to find someone that is capable of doing the machine work. Thanks bulldog I will be calling Tom considering he is only 2 hrs away from me. Thanks again to you all, without you guys I would not be taking this project on.

Hey guys thanks for the replies, yes I will be disassembling and reassembling the engine myself. Sorry I should have specified that. I just need to find someone that is capable of doing the machine work. Thanks bulldog I will be calling Tom considering he is only 2 hrs away from me. Thanks again to you all, without you guys I would not be taking this project on.

You will not regret doing business with Tom Telesco. He is your best source considering only 2 hours away.

• 2 months later...
Guest 38buick55special

I met Tom Saturday, he's a great guy. He's extremely knowledgeable it was a pleasure doing business with him. Finally got my 56 322