SMS auto fabric

Guest captaincon

Guest captaincon

Morning I looking at buying some door cards from SMS fabric . On the web their us conflicting reports about service etc

has any body had dealings with them are they good / trust worthy

thanks for any help

SMS is the standard in the industry - as such - because of that they are always busy and sometimes behind and orders can take awhile. But, when you are one of the only games in town, so to speak, you might have to wait a while.

Guest myold88

I had a problem returning fabric a few years ago. Could not get a refund even though they made an obvious error. Had to go to the publisher of Hemmings to get my money refunded. I suggest you be careful of the small samples they send you before ordering.

Guest Drew Kreidelcamp

I bought seat fabric from SMS for my 1951 Henry J in 2009. The material was a good match to the original style and the service was fast.

I had SMS do my door cards. The process necessitated my sending the originals to them. They recovered them and returned them to me. I knew it would take some time. The entire process covered a time span from October to January.

To their credit they responded to each and every of my emails during the process. I kept emailing to make sure they stayed on schedule. They also sent me w/o charge extra material so I could recover my door armrests.

I was more than happy with the results.

The SMS phone ladies can seem a bit short when you talk to them. On the other hand they no doubt deal with a lot of tire kickers on a daily basis. The wait for things like door panels can be up to a year. On the other hand they will be upfront about the wait, and the four sets I've ordered from them were flawless. Their prices are right up there. On the other hand they are often the only place in the world to buy fabric reproduced as original. As far as being uncooperative about returns I ordered a headliner for my Chrysler from them. Try as I might I could NOT get that thing to come close to fitting. The phone ladies were their usual stand offish selves but after explaining my problem they connected me directly with the head of the sewing room. We talked measurements a bit and she agreed something was not correct. Upshot was UPS picked up the head liner the next day on their dime. Head seamstress personally called to explain the first panel had been sewed in backwards by mistake and a placement would be going out that day......................Bob

I have been to their facility several times and the thing that stood out to me was how busy they were but still willing to take the time to show the material that they had. The phone was almost constantly ringing, with one man answering most of the calls, and the small staff answering questions from workers from the back while trying to deal with me at the same time. Hectic is how I would characterize the operation but outstanding quality at what I believe was reasonable price were the operative words that I would use to describe the operation. There is none better at what they do!-Bill

Guest captaincon

Thanks I have samples on order the only concern I have left is the time frame I have to have the car ready for the 1st week in August for my nieces wedding . I best get my finger out