Can anyone help me ID the 1920's Buick in my family photo?

Guest salbano

Guest salbano

I often wondered were my dad got his dedication to Buicks (1956 Special, 1959 Electra, 1965 Electra, 1972 LeSabre, then a couple of Regals) but after getting my hands on this family photo, I guess it was genetic. Can anyone help me ID the year and model? Thanks!post-98122-143142312772_thumb.jpg

The hood with the sharp edge at the beltline and the radiator with the center point pointing downward started in 1924, so it is at least a 1924 or newer. Prior to '24 it was a rounded hood and a 'square' radiator opening.

The fender bead and the headlamps will be the other clues for someone better than me at this to get you the exact year.

I'd put some serious money on a 1924. It looks like a four door Sedan. It is NOT a Standard or Master because that did not come into being until 1925. The radiator shell definitely points to a 1924 model. What else would you like to know? The length of the hood looks like a six cylinder model also.

Terry Wiegand

A Much Warmer Doo Dah

The license plate is dated 1927 and there is damage to the front driver side fender so we can probably determine it is not a brand new car which would place it prior to that year. Based on what has been previously pointed out, I would have to agree that 1924 seems to be a reasonable number.

Thanks,

Yes 1924 Four cylinder Model 24-33 Coupe, The crank/starter handle is below the radiator. I can only see two windows on the passenger side and the rear window curves at the back. Roof line looks too short for a sedan, they didn,t have a coach in 1924. Looks like a four passenger coupe with a trunk to me. 1925 didn,t have the beading/moulding around the radiator shell. 1925 Fisher bodies had a one piece windshield and a nickel radiator shell.

Edited by ROD W (see edit history)

I must admit to you guys that my face is red over this one. I called it as a sedan and it's not. I made this posting from the computer class that I attend on Thursday afternoons. The monitor is quite a bit smaller than ours at home and I could not see the detail real well. OH Well! That'll teach me to shut up right quick. As I said earlier though, there was no Standard or Master models in 1924. The hood looks like it has 18 louvers and my '22 Model 48 has 24 so I think you guys nailed it right . The other coupe model in '24 was the 48 and there was a lot of commonality through the years on these models. Live and Learn - Die and Forget it All!

Terry Wiegand

Doo Dah America