May need to ship parts to Sweden

oldford

I have a gent who needs a drive shaft for a TT truck and lives in Sweden. I have the shaft he needs, but according to UPS and FedEx, the shipping costs are about $450. It weighs 30 pounds and is six feet long. I have not heard from him yet, but I think the cost is prohibitive.... Anyone out there got another idea to ship.? Anyone know of a container company??

Frank

Is it over size for USPS? The post office is always cheaper than FedEx, UPS or DHL . But be aware you cannot collect the insurance unless you can prove the value. In other words you have to have a receipt from the party you bought it from. Not your assigned value.

$450 Bucks for shipping. :eek:... gave less than that for a whole Tin Lizzy in the past. Geez Frank, That's e$pens$$ive.

The only thing that needs insurance is the price of the shipping. We use to use old tin Lizzy Driveshafts around the farm for pry bars and makin fence posts holes.

Lets see here...

Drive Shaft, 2 bucks.

Shippin, $450...

Getting it there without it falling off of the boat, Priceless. :P Dandy Dave!

Try IPS you should be able to google them. It's international Parcel service I believe. I shipped a 1969 Pontiac Executive rear bumper crated with the splash pan and I think it was around 200.00 or 225.00. That should be a bigger box than the one you need so the price will probably be less. They actually subcontract through UPS and Fed EX as well as DHL so one of those carriers will actually pick it up at your door. You just attach the IPS label and that's all.