55 Draft tube bracket

Mudbone

I took a close look at one and it's simply a 1" wide sheet metal strap rolled at the end to fit the pipe diameter. Picture a J rather than a question mark. If Mr. Earl doesn't supply one it could be easily made and attached by brazing, welding, or even pop rivets. If Mr earl doesn't provide one I'd be happy to make one up for you for the cost of shipping...............Bob

Finally stopped raining and I got it out.

xr6x.jpg

Don't mind standing on my head for ya but if I stand on my head while it's raining then water gets in my ears. If water gets in my ears, I can't hear well. If I can't hear well and Rita says shut up and I think she says stand up she will slap me back down. If she slaps me, I might slap her back. If I slap her back she might divorce me. If she divorces me, she might take all my Buicks. So I waited til it stopped raining.

Will get it in the mail tomorrow.

Parts are looking good. uhhh, is that flexplate cover suppose to be unpainted. Most I've seen are black.

Ha, that was good. I had three covers and I did not find a spot of paint on any of them. So that is why I went with the clear coat. Mud

Finally stopped raining and I got it out.

xr6x.jpg

Don't mind standing on my head for ya but if I stand on my head while it's raining then water gets in my ears. If water gets in my ears, I can't hear well. If I can't hear well and Rita says shut up and I think she says stand up she will slap me back down. If she slaps me, I might slap her back. If I slap her back she might divorce me. If she divorces me, she might take all my Buicks. So I waited til it stopped raining.

Will get it in the mail tomorrow.

Parts are looking good. uhhh, is that flexplate cover suppose to be unpainted. Most I've seen are black.

I have no idea if painted or not, but if painted it may have been like the nice semigloss paint on a NOS transmission heat exchanger/cooler. Just the little dribble of tranny fluid during installation took the paint off where it touched and then cleaning with mineral spirits removed the rest of the paint.

Eastwood clear, unless recently improved has been disappointing in durability. Another product that looks identical to freshly blasted steel and is durable is: duplicolor fb106 gray bumper coating.

Willie

I think they may have used a wash type paint (Very thin) Sprayed or dipped just to keep it from oxidizing until it was installed. Most likely was also used on some of the front end parts. That's my guess. As far as Eastwood clear, only time will tell.....Mud

This is what I typically pull and clean up to sell. Looks 'bout like what you described

[ATTACH=CONFIG]226754[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]226753[/ATTACH]

Looks like I better get the satin black out and re-spray. Its odd that I could not find a trace of black on all three of the ones I have. Mud