41 Buick

meteor

I did not mean that the '41 Convertible was on a thread. I meant that you could do a search for 1941 Buicks and find a lot of information about past problems encountered by existing owners. I will get you some info on the convertible and send you a PM.

John

Roger,

The same basic blocks were made from 1935-1952 in the 248 cubic inch in the Special and Super models and 320.2 cubic inch in the Centrury, Roadmaster and Limited models. In 1941 and 1942 dual carbs were available on the Special and standard on the rest. If the carbs are adjusted correctly they work great. Both engines are a workhorse and could last forever if properly maintained. There is a great deal of difference between the 248 at 125hp and the 320.2 at 165hp. If you are looking for engines first, I would vote for the 320.2. They can leave leave just about every modern car in the dust. Great pickup and high end speed. Just watch oil pressure and compression. If not good the engine may need a rebuild down the road.

Good luck. There are plenty of us 41 nuts on this blog always willing to help.

Roger,

Try www.carsonline.com or Hemmings, or the Buy / Sell forum here.

Your biggest decision is what color do you want........

Now we can get into specifics.

Are you mechanical ?

Do you want a driver or a show queen ?

Do you have a shop to work on her ?

Do you have a good set of tools ?

Lots more info needed to point you in the right direction........

Mike in Colorado

Thanks Den 41, I think I may look for a Century or a big Buick to get the 165 hp engine.

Mike, a good looking driver is what I want. Yes to all the other questions. Just sold my MGA

so there is room in my garage. Have a 1930 model A,1951 MGTD and a 1987 Cadillac Brougham.

Thanks everyone, Roger