Baby's Got A New Pair Of Shoes!!

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77
Was he at least wearing a skirt?

Only in his mind Mike, only in his mind. :rolleyes::D

Dad and I went for a leisurely test drive today. We went down the interstate to Cartersville, GA and had lunch at the new Steak and Shake. Then we drove across town to the historic district to take some pictures of the car in front of what is claimed to be the very first building advertisement for Coca-Cola supposedly placed on that very wall in 1894. Obviously, the original mural is long gone but there has been a Coke advertisement on that wall in one form or another for the past 119 years. We had a nice drive with no problems. Things are looking good for my planned trip to Kentucky in the near future to visit the grandparents. I absolutely LOVE driving this car. It's addictive!

post-75106-143142204139_thumb.jpg

post-75106-14314220415_thumb.jpg

Guest JPArizona

I assume you drove by in a car and not the famous choo-choo.

I use to live and work in Chattanooga and drove by Coker every day. You are fortunate to live in such a beautiful area of America.

I absolutely love your ride. I think it has a great look and a great stance. I hope that the guy who restored his Mom and Dads car sees your car with the hub caps.

Guest shadetree77

Attended a car show at Hooters yesterday. Had a great time. I even won an award. I've won a few other awards but I feel like I really earned this one. The show was absolutely DOMINATED by new stuff and muscle cars. They gave awards out to the top 20 cars and there were around 75 cars in attendance. I didn't have much hope that I would get an award seeing the types of cars around me. My hope continued to diminish when they began to call out the top 20. No exaggeration whatsoever the winners list read as follows: mustang, mustang, mustang, chevelle, 56 chevy, mustang, nissan, chevelle, corvette, etc. (you get the point). I began to pack up my chairs and stuff and then I heard them say, "And last but certainly not least, Robert Trail in his '52 Buick". I couldn't believe it. Anyway, not a 400 point big deal or anything but I just wanted to share.

post-75106-143142211843_thumb.jpg

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

It's STEAK n SHAKE. I should know, born and raised a block from the original S n S in Normal, Il. I could see it out my bedroom window in the late 30's.

Wife's grandmother was the founders GIRL FRIDAY, she started the first CURB SERVICE in the early 40's. My father sold the founder, GUS BELT, new Buick's for years and years.

Sharon and I met while cruising at S n S in 1958. I have a collection of original S n S dishes, mugs, etc.

Dale in Indy

Guest shadetree77
See, I told you that the fun would begin. That car looks better and better each day! Did you get a kiss from any of the waitresses?

Thanks guys. We had a really good time. John, I don't think my Wife would have let me get away with that.:rolleyes: Not only that, but I don't think I would want a kiss from any of those girls. Let's just say I believe standards are slipping at that particular location.:P