Original Pinstriping?

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

My Dad and I were cleaning up the rims on our '52 Special yesterday so that we can paint them and I found what looks to be original pinstriping. Take a look at the photo and see what you guys think. It appears to be 3 light colored lines. One thick line in the middle and two thinner lines on either side of the thick line. The rim itself was originally painted body color and came with the small dog dish hub caps and a trim/beauty ring. Seems I read somewhere that pinstriped wheels were an option. Does anyone know anything about pinstriped wheels? Did they look like this with the three separate lines? Was it really an option on my car?

post-75106-143142179838_thumb.jpg

Guest shadetree77

Cool. I really like the idea of having pinstripes on there. Anybody have a Beugler tool I can borrow? ;) Does anyone have any good, close-up pictures of a wheel with these stripes on it? Also, what about stripe colors? Were they pretty much all the same color or did they color match to the car?

Robert, The Master Parts Book shows most 52's had "French White" Dulux # 289-53561. Most, but not all. Apparently Barton Grey top with Victoria Maroon lower had silver rings on the wheels. Same with Sky Grey Top and Victoria Maroon Lower paint scheme. The other variation was Black rings on the Sequoia Cream cars. And it appears there should not be painted rings on cars that were painted all one color.

( I am really loving this book)