Cars for sale.

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

I would like to sell at least 2. I have pictures and better descriptions but am doing this on my phone. All cars are located in good dry storage in Southeast South Dakota and there will be no big hurry to move them. Also it may be possible for me to deliver them but that. Will have to be negotiated.

1929 Buick model 116 very good driver, 15,000

1955 Buick Special model 46 2 door

Hardtop. Lots of work just done. Runs and drives great, 22,000

Guest sintid58

1958 Buick Special4 door sedan highly optioned car with factory air, 14,000 runs and drives great.

1965 GMC half ton short box step side pick. Has big window cab and 454 Chevy motor, run and drives good uses some oil, 6,500

1970 Skylark2 dr sedan factory air drive anywhere, 7,500

1970 Riviera 62,000 miles everything works drive anywhere, 7,000

1990 Reatta, Maui blue factory Sun roof, 173,000 miles, runs like a 3800 should drives great, 2500

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sintid58

No questions no offers no one saying the prices are to high? I put the Riviera on eBay with a $3000 starting bid (higher reserve) not even one bid. Makes me wish I was collecting bow ties.

Guest wildcat465

Sorry Sid, if I was the guy who won the big lottery at my nearest gas station a couple weeks ago, you would have never had to make this post. :rolleyes:

I may have to look at selling one or two myself.

Sid,

Post some pics...provide a link to your Ebay auction...more info like colors/equipment??? The more effort you put into your listing the better the response. Even the bowtie guys need to provide info to prospective buyers. Just some constructive (hopefully) input, Good luck with your sale,

Tom Mooney

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

Per forum rules we aren't allowed to comment on prices. The Reatta, due to mileage, might be a bit high. I know 3.8 V6's go for a long time. I sold my 1990 Reatta CONVERTIBLE this past spring and it didn't hit $2,000. It had 202,000 well cared for miles.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ole buick

Your cars appear to be reasonable. Chevys and Fords are still selling pretty good but the auctions on TV and TV shows on car restorations have really hurt our hobby. First, people think their cars are worth what the wealthy guys pay for a #1 car on Barretts. Secondly, an average buyer now expects all cars that are for sale to be in # 1 condition. I just sold a 55 Chevy, stated in the ad that it needed restoration and the price reflected the condition. Everyone that looked at it picked it to death. The other thing I noticed was that there were no lookers under the age of 45. Our hobby is being lost. Too many youg boys being raised in a single family home where Dad doesn't have his son out there working on the car on Saturday. Most Moms can't afford a collector car so the Son just doesn't have the exposure.

We need to start haveing car shows at the local High Schools so these young men could see and learn, catch the bug so to speak. There are still a lot of cars out there that could be good projects and there are a lot of cars like these that would be a great buy for a person to start going to car shows. We have to get this hobby passed down.

Thanks for letting me rant a little bit.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ol-nobull
I would like to sell at least 2. I have pictures and better descriptions but am doing this on my phone. All cars are located in good dry storage in Southeast South Dakota and there will be no big hurry to move them. Also it may be possible for me to deliver them but that. Will have to be negotiated.

1929 Buick model 116 very good driver, 15,000

1955 Buick Special model 46 2 door

Hardtop. Lots of work just done. Runs and drives great, 22,000

Hi. Do you happen to have anything in a 1941 Buick, preferably a 4 door or a 4 door Lincoln Zephyr? Only looking to buy just one car but these 2 are at the top of my wish list & I could go either way. I am definately wanting one to drive, not to just park & look at.

I found a great Zephyr here in Texas but it turned out to have title problems & I had to pass on it.

Thanks, Jim

Our hobby is being lost. Too many youg boys being raised in a single family home where Dad doesn't have his son out there working on the car on Saturday. Most Moms can't afford a collector car so the Son just doesn't have the exposure.

Thanks for letting me rant a little bit.

I have four young men in my family, two sons-in-law and two step-sons, who basically fall into the demographics that you mention. Believe me, they're into cars, just not what we're in to. The one son-in-law has an Accura and a Porsche, the other son-in-law has Mini Cooper. They do all of the things to their cars we do to ours except they tune them with a laptop computer.

The two step sons respectively have an Eagle Talon, AWD, that's tuned to around 300 hp at the wheels (one wild ride.) The other step-son is on the same track with a similar Mitsubishi. - they mess with turbos, mass air sensors, and all that goody stuff.

I also monitor the Rivera Performance Group, a forum dedicated to Riviera performance. 99.9% of the forum talk over there deals with the supercharged 95 - 99 Rivieras. They too are "tuners" but they're at least driving Detroit iron rather than something from Germany or Japan. The really big difference over there is that they're all between 17 and 25, not the 45 plus crowd that we run with.

The hobby is alive, it's just taken on a different form. You can't fight it or change it. All you can do is agree to disagree.

If I did have a son the right age with whom I could share the hobby, you wouldn't find me out working on my daily drivers in the driveway on Saturday. I won't touch them with a ten foot pole - way too complicated and I don't have the tools with which to work on them. They wouldn't have the interest in my old cars because that's not something they can share with their friends, and I'd hate to raise a son that had no connections with others in his own generation.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

The trend is to take a naturally aspirated car and turbo it or pull the stock crappy injection system off of it, install different injectors, a dedicated crank sensor, dedicated separate for each cylinder coil packs and then re-chip the mother board on the inboard computer or if the car did not originally come computerized, then install one using a mega-squirt set up. With the computer one has control of many functional aspects. With the addition of the crank sensor your can also control spark and advance curves as well as just injection and fuel maps. Folks are even doing this with older pre 70 and even way earlier cars from the 50's 40' etc.

I think that such things as the "survivor" class and even to some extent the almost uncontrollable need to "restore" everything that can roll with a rag top is really for those that were actually around when these cars were the now thing and are in a sense actually survivors themselves and can appreciate and identify with when that car was new and they can remember and enjoy seeing and operating such a car from their past which in turn makes the past real and contemporary once again. As one journalist once put it, he claimed to know why people really took photographs. It was because the past is such an oblique creature of both foggy shadows and bright tones somehow real and somehow surreal. By holding a photograph however, in your hand, they have something that can prove to their senses that history actually happened. The past had actually occurred and was real for without the photograph the surreal nature of the past and the uncertainty of the future can cloud one's perception of reality and it like so much other things can be lost. The younger gens are just doing what gens before them have always done. Embellish in the moment.