'New' Dodges for sale....

MikeC5

In many instances cars were driven long distances to remote dealers from either point of manuf. or point of closest transit by rail car. Looks to me like these guys are taking delivery of new cars (One at least that was possibly damaged during transport ) Note the parts inside of vehicle.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Guest DodgeKCL

Being a Dodge site I have never mentioned this before. My father and his brother worked for Packard Motors of Canada during the 30s. They would take the train from Toronto down to Windsor or Detroit and pick up Packard cars and drive them back up to Toronto. Dad told me they drove many of the fanciest and most expensive cars ever brought into Canada. Packard Motors showroom still exists on the west side of Yonge St.,Toronto's original main drag, but has been the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. Studio 4 since about the end of WWII. Dad and Arnold were BIG guys at 6'3" each and around 200 lbs. They were both offered jobs as railroad policemen for the C.N.R. but both turned it down to eventually go back to their small town in Ontario and work in the family business. I've often wondered if any of the big custom Packards left today were brought into Canada by Dad or my uncle. Dad never explained why Packard didn't want their cars shipped by rail.

Being a Dodge site I have never mentioned this before. My father and his brother worked for Packard Motors of Canada during the 30s. They would take the train from Toronto down to Windsor or Detroit and pick up Packard cars and drive them back up to Toronto. Dad told me they drove many of the fanciest and most expensive cars ever brought into Canada. Packard Motors showroom still exists on the west side of Yonge St.,Toronto's original main drag, but has been the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. Studio 4 since about the end of WWII. Dad and Arnold were BIG guys at 6'3" each and around 200 lbs. They were both offered jobs as railroad policemen for the C.N.R. but both turned it down to eventually go back to their small town in Ontario and work in the family business. I've often wondered if any of the big custom Packards left today were brought into Canada by Dad or my uncle. Dad never explained why Packard didn't want their cars shipped by rail.

Great story, there is a Packard facility in nearby Lakeland, I do not know if it was a garage or dealer at some point, just barely visible is large Packard lettering up high on the brick building

Note the headlamp reflections in the left front fenders of the two Dodges. The lacquer paint has not dulled yet. The paint is very shiney, if indeed it is 1925 or '26 when photo was taken. They look like '25 Dodges to me. Many new cars were shipped by railcar to cities around the country. Could be a rail accident that contained these cars.

In many instances cars were driven long distances to remote dealers from either point of manuf. or point of closest transit by rail car. Looks to me like these guys are taking delivery of new cars (One at least that was possibly damaged during transport ) Note the parts inside of vehicle.

According to this http://forums.aaca.org/f169/shipwrecked-1927-chryslers-319487.html some were shipped also..