Please help ID engine size/type on my 1925 pick up

Guest bdangerous

That looks like the motor in my standard six. Your fenders and grill are the same as my 27. But wait your sterring is on the wrong side!! Just kidding I didn't know Studebaker built a truck back then, I wish I could find those disc wheels in the U.S. Looks like a sweet project. Good luck!!! Joey

Guest bdangerous

Thanks guys, also what's the capacity for this engine?? nzcarnerd, it looks like it has been a tourer at one stage, bit of a dodgey job on the conversion that needs tidying up. Very complete car and was last rego'd in 1952 then parked up. I am looking for the clear lens that goes on the cowl lights..any ideas where I can find these??NOS or second hand?? Wood frame needs a bit of attention to bring it up to scratch. I am about to start the resto on this and will post up some pics etc every now and then. Thankyou for your help and replies :D

Two views of engine and specs on the 1927 model EU Dictator (also referred to as Standard Six). Note location of the engine number and the prefix EU. This should confirm the identity of your vehicle. Of course your vehicle has a home made body likely using a Duplex roadster or perhaps Duplex touring as a base. Studebaker did not make a production pick-up at this time but did have a panel and screen side panel.post-30776-143142006476_thumb.jpg

post-30776-143142006435_thumb.jpg

post-30776-143142006444_thumb.jpg

Guest bdangerous

Thanks again for all the info guys, muchly appreciated. @dave pink, what sort of price are you asking for the lenses??

Thanks guys, also what's the capacity for this engine?? nzcarnerd, it looks like it has been a tourer at one stage, bit of a dodgey job on the conversion that needs tidying up. Very complete car and was last rego'd in 1952 then parked up. I am looking for the clear lens that goes on the cowl lights..any ideas where I can find these??NOS or second hand?? Wood frame needs a bit of attention to bring it up to scratch. I am about to start the resto on this and will post up some pics etc every now and then. Thankyou for your help and replies :D

242 cubic inches/ 4 litres, 50 horsepower at 2200 rpm

Terry

• 3 months later...