Was your old car recalled ? How bout your modern Buick ?

Bill Stoneberg

On the topic of recalls, has anyone realized the fantastic job Toyota did in resolving the 2009 runaway acceleration problem. Every single car has apparently been found and repaired. I haven't heard of a stray incident. And their cars were running wild killing people and endangering the whole population of the Untied States!

I would say Toyota deserves special recognition from some authority for that kind of effort.

Evey single car found and fixed; it verges on the incredible. Interesting word, incredible.

Bernie

Quick, get out your sarcasm knives everyone....

Actually, it probably isn't anything to do with Toyota getting a job done, but the media deciding their darling had had enough bad attention. I've become increasingly jaded over the years about the media's ability (or lack thereof) to cover issues that are important to the public, while busily pandering to us about political nonsense and Kardashian's and other meaningless drivel.

60Flat, I've occasionally wondered about the Toyota "problem" and how it suddenly went away. All of those cars are still out there being used and they are apparently fine. I traded my '95 Crown Vic in 2003 and continued to receive recall notices from Ford about cruise control fires until last year. Guess they don't keep very updated records.

Edited by John_Maine (see edit history)