Parting out a 1955 Buick Special 4 door sedan

NC-car-guy

After much reflection, I will not be able to restore both and since I am already missing a good deal of parts on one, I am going to part one out to fund the work on the other.

It is a 1955 Buick special 4 door sedan. The car is complete, with clear VIN/ Title.

The following is a list of what I am keeping or has already been promised/sold to someone.

1. Entire front body clip except left front fender and all side stainlless and the three chrome holes (both sides)

2. Speaker Grill

3. Heater controls

4. Horn ring with plastic emblem

5. Parking brake mechanism

6. Fuse Panel

7. Trunk emblem

8. Front seat plastic side shields

9. Clock

10.Tail light lens

11.Cig lighter

12. Vent window regulators

13. Headlight switch

14. Front ash trays

15. Rear door driver's side window regulator

16. Shift lever

17. Turn signal lever

18. Jack and jack hold down bolt and spring

19. Rear view mirror

20. Quad gauge

21. Sun visor mounts

22. gas pedal

I will keep updating as stuff sells. Once we reach a tipping point, I'll list what's left!

As for pricing, when someone requests something I've been researching online and trying to go below that average. I'm not trying to make a profit here (with what I paid for the darn cars I never will) just trying to recoup a little and help see other Buicks get back on the road! I am always open to negotiation or trades for stuff I need.

Edited by wndsofchng06
updated again (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok ya'll....

Changing direction.....

Here's what is left:

6 Chrome portholes (slight pitting but should shine up ok for a driver) "BUICK" letters off hood, center part of hood ornament,

all stainless side trim and windshield trim, Door handles interior and exterior, side glass (except driver's window...whoops!!)

3 window regulators,AM radio and speaker (not selectronic), glove box (liner and door and light switch) , metal dash, interior window trim, dome light, tail light assemblies (no lens, need chrome). Left and right Upper and lower control arms, steering box, steering wheel, steering column and a frame and solid body with title. The only motor parts I have is the distributor, 2bbl carb and 2bbl intake. sorry guys!

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

Do you have a spare set of spark plug covers?

I need a pair

I do not, but along with the headlight trim rings that I mentioned above, I know where another car is near me that may have them... I have unfortunately not gotten to it yet....
Thanks. If they're not rusted out, I'm interested. I appreciate you looking...

I don't need the covers now. Thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you say back window molding you mean the back windshield not the side windows?? The seats are up in the air, I was holding them for someone (3 mos), he has not paid yet but has stayed in touch.... I'll call him and see just how serious he is(

• 1 month later...

In light of recent purchases, I will no longer be parting this car out. Thanks to all who have made purchases and helped with the restoration of the other 55 Buick. I have another thread about 55 parts and will be going to evaluate and photograph that car (in a junk yard) this week.

Thanks guys!!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...