Well, here we go... It is officially up for grabs...

Guest loadmaster

Guest loadmaster

Thanks Mike !

Amazing how popular these '65 Rivieras are, but then, they have always been. My auction has been up and running for only about 14 hours and it has already had 411 lookers and a 43 watchers. I can only hope those watchers become bidders, huh ?

Rich

Rich,

That is a really well done auction. I wish I had CBM (car buyin' money) right now.

If it's like any other auction that I watch, I'll enter the highest bid I think I want to pay and sit with my finger on the send key and wait until there's about 15 seconds left in the auction to enter that amount. Good ol' sniper bidding keeps the seller on pins and needles until the last moment.

Ed

Guest 1963 Riviera

Good Luck. btw, I thought the Gran Sport had a tacho on the console, or was it optional ?

Great auction, met reserve in the last few seconds. Hopefully we know the new owner or he joins us here. Congrats on the sale Rich.

Buick : Riviera Gran Sport in Buick | eBay Motors

I agree. This is an excellent example of the everything being done right from the beginning. The successful first time listing ended well for both the buyer and seller and was a result of professional, highly detailed, and honest descriptions of the car top to bottom. As you said, I hope we see more of the car in the future.

Guest loadmaster

Thank you for the kind comments Lamar and Jason ! I talked with several potential bidders throughout the auction and they all felt that they were well informed. I even received emails from two other bidders that missed the high bid with similar comments. The car's new owner is on the east coast and I believe he is already an ROA member. Either way, I'll make sure he check you guys and this site out. This has been a fun experience especially hearing this car come back to life. Being able to drive this car even a few blocks brought back fond memories and the commitment to find another one to keep down the road.

I agree. This is an excellent example of the everything being done right from the beginning. The successful first time listing ended well for both the buyer and seller and was a result of professional, highly detailed, and honest descriptions of the car top to bottom. As you said, I hope we see more of the car in the future.