1922 Buick on Baltimore Craigslist, Not Mine

John

Wow John. What a bargain even if a person has to apply some elbow grease. 4 door tourings are so rare to find.

Yes folks this is the same car we didn't get running last June. John and I got close but it had more problems than we could tackle on a 100 degree day. The owners son it seems has now posted it on craigslist. Unless they did get the local mechanic they said that they would send it to get things up and running, don't think any thing has changed. The photos they posted were from over 9 years ago. When he and his wife were still touring with the B.O.O.M. club. His wife passed some years ago and he lost enthusiasm for the car. Our assesment was that it had been tinkered with so much that many systems were out of adjustment. Ignition / fuel /electrical. Had 2 bent push rods and stuck valves which we freed up. It tried to start but with a little more time... we may have done it. I did make a low offer reflecting what I thought it needed. Fuel system complete rebuild. Valve job, cooling system still not evaluated, brakes probably. The tires were very old NON SKIDS pretty worn out. On the plus side the top was a quality job with side curtains (plastic is now oilly yellow) and there are some spare parts. Looks to have been done over in the 1960s on a pretty solid car. I know another member on the Fourm has tried to buy it but they seem to be fixed on $9,000. Larry

Blake Boyle of Boyle Buick in Abington Maryland called me today asking if I could help them find a person

that would give them info on getting the old Buick running.

If anyone on the board can help, email me and I will have them contact you.

Thanks in advance

Bill Lagna

PS Boyle Buick hosts our Buick Owners of Maryland Old Buick show in September. Please help !!!!!

I would love to help again. But the distance and location was any thing but convienent. John's Paul Rose suggestion is where I would go. I already have too much to take care of with my 1925 and 1937 for this summer. I will call them to see if there are some things to be answered over the phone. Larry