South Bend

zoltanb

Just made hotel reservations for the meet, anybody else going? Will there be a Reatta rendezvous? a tour drive? any planned Reatta activities?

I am not familiar with the area any plans would be great. I am looking forward to meeting lots of you!!!;)

I too booked at the Quality Inn, Just a few blocks from the 2 main hotels. Is there a Reatta rendezvous?

Glad to hear I won't be the only Reatta in the Quality parking lot. :D

AFAIK there is a Rendezvous. Tom Selander is in charge of that. Maybe he'll chime in.

Guest HessLakeGuy

Yes I will. Everything is all planned, even down to special parking area for the cars.

It is set for Thursday afternoon, the details will be announced pretty soon. There will be a trip thru some small towns and thru the Indiana countryside. Last year we were in a large metro area, but South Bend is not that large.

More details coming soon. Remember---it is Thursday afternoon into early evening!!!!!

Tom

Guest HessLakeGuy

We are staying at the Microtel, which is close to the host hotels.

Tried it out last summer and it is OK. There are a bunch of motels kinda close together including some restaurants and gas stations.

For those of you taking the Indiana Toll Road you take exit # 77 and the host hotels are at the end of the ramp.

Tom

while in South Bend, y'all might want to check out the Studebaker Museum! :)

more than just Studes: Studebaker National Museum - Official Website

Oh don't worry, my grandfather (the Avanti nut) will be making the trip with me. The Studebaker Museum, Tippecanoe Place (for lunch one day) ACD, and more are on the agenda..

We'll just be making the trips on our own instead of the BCA tours. Probably going to ACD on Wednesday, then staying around town going to museums there on Thursday. If anyone is interested I joining us, let me know.

Guest HessLakeGuy

By the way, the Gilmore Car Museum is about two hours away from where we are staying.

Its kinda off the beaten path and is out in the country, in Hickory Corners, Michigan.

Might be worth a visit if you have time before or after the meet.

www.GilmoreCarMuseum.org

I agree there are many "must see" places in northern Indiana. We were in SB 4 years ago for a wedding and visited the Studebaker museum.

I also found the Hudson museum in Shipshewana (East of South Bend) to be very interesting. Most people think of the '50's stepdow Hudsons but they have cars going back to 1915, I liked a pair of 1930 Hudsons with custom bodies.

Depending on your route, there is a Haynes museum in Kokomo, a private museum that the Reatta club visited in Frankfort when the national meet was in Kokomo and don't forget the Speedway museum in Indianapolis (actually inside the 500 track in Speedway Ind)