1941 buick special convertible 44c 2 owner everything works

Guest joseywales

Yup.

Need a LOT more info and pictures to give an intelligent answer.

But in all cases, the car is worth exactly what you are willing to pay for it.

If it is one you "just have to have" then you should pay the asking price, which is ??????

Mike in Colorado

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rob McDonald

Hey, that's better - more good information (beautiful car, by the way). I can't get this link to open but I assume it includes a similar car that sold for a higher price than what the guys here have suggested. [update: I did get in and am impressed with the $62,500 sale price] The NADA values which Den41Buick quoted are usually pretty accurate, based on recent recorded sales. Some of the other free online price guides are more optimistic, from a seller's point of view, but I'm less confident they reflect real transactions.

Of course, all sight-unseen estimates are just shots in the dark because there are heaps of variations in the value of cars, based especially on their condition, how they're equipped, and where they're located. A car in my remote, god-forsaken part of the world is worth considerable less than one that's available in a hotbed of the old car hobby, like the midwest, New England, or California. Besides, as Mike said, "[any] car is worth exactly what you are willing to pay for it", particularly at auction. Someone may find your car absolutely irresistible and, if another bidder is also smitten with it, the sale price will depend completely on who's got the deepest pockets. Similarly, at a private sale, it always comes down to how bad someone wants it versus how low you'll go to let them have that pleasure.

Good luck with finding a new home for this beauty.

Edited by Rob McDonald
quoting sale price (see edit history)

heres one ion worse shape than mine

1941 Buick Special Convertible - SOLD Buick Special classified - TopOldtimers.com - View Ad Details

my car was 2 owner car same owner last 60 years.. no rust anywhere! bone dry and incredibly clean. still drives straight and smooth..

Based on the example linked to above, and the obviously superior condition of your car as seen in the 2 photos you've posted, and the fact that is a 2 owner car (3 owner always just kills any value) I would say somewhere between $62,500 and $300,000.

Danny

(Hope that's the answer you were looking for)

A car in my remote, god-forsaken part of the world is worth considerable less than one that's available in a hotbed of the old car hobby, like the midwest, New England, or California.

Oy...if you are forsaken in Edmonton, the backwaters of Winnipeg must be like a tribal village outpost. The one advantage we have is that we are within a day's drive of Minneapolis-St. Paul.

The sentiment makes sense. Over the past couple of years, I've been communicating with a fellow with a truck located in Hawaii. The big problem is the cost of getting it to the mainland then to the middle of the continent. That impacts the price I would be willing to pay for that truck...it's that simple.