1937 Buick Century 2 dr.

Guest Packardsforever

Guest Packardsforever

I'm obviously a Packard guy but have found a local guy selling a 37 Buick Century for $18500. I really like the car but I also love original specs and they put in a 350 engine and 350 turbo tranny! Everything else appears original to the eye--interior, gauges, gear shift etc. How much does this hurt the value? Speaking of value I don't even know what the value is of a 37 Buick Century 2 dr. coupe. Any help is appreciated--thanks!

The Century was the early first Muscle car they told about . A small body from the Special (only with a 4" longer Front) an the Big Engine inside ..

Thats why the Century is the realy "special" Car I think.

The Car must have another rear Axle,but with a 350 Box in it they had must changed the rear End to a open Drivetrain with a 4 Link like from a S 10 or somthing else.

Thats bad for the traditional Guys like us.

In this combination, I think the Car is now sunken to a dailydriving and bad shows. The Soul from the Car is gone,...its a undead Car.

If you wanna re-alive it you must have the Original,may be broken, Parts,fix it, change it back. I would do this. Because its a Century.

The Price for this "dead Freak" is for me as a Buickguy, when it's a good Body, max. 5000 $ ,because its isn't Original and that hurt the Price.

M2C

Please google for Century's there som Cars with an 350/350 or 700 Combo,look at theyr Prices and for how long they are offered.

Be patient. A nice, unmolested car will turn up, and you may get it for less than this hot rod. Cost of the damage done is substantial. You'll end up spending $30K-plus when you could've bought an original car for $15-20K. Coupes are much lower production than sedans, and are priced accordingly, at least $5K more.

This has become a streed rod or restor rod. Not what the putist among us want, but still a BUICK! If you like it , buy it for what it is and enjoy.

As to price, sounds a little pricy for me. But if it has new paint and new interior, one probably could not do it for that amount.

Any pictures?

Ben

The work has already been done...... If you buy the car as is and want to return it to "stock" drive it as is and start accumulating the needed parts.

When you get everything you need, then make the change......you can enjoy the car with the 350/auto until that time comes.

The crazy thing about these conversions......the car could be worth more as a "street rod" (is show condition) than a show condition '38 stock car.

Guest Packardsforever

Looks very good. Has it been lowered ?

Taken it for test drive yet ?

On any modified car the engineering quality needs to be checked out

Wonder how they did the auto as the shift lever look original or close to it

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)