Oldcars Packard restoration

On the one hand, it was great documentation of a well done restoration. On the other hand, the thread may not have been good press for a high dollar sale, showing the origin of the car.

I hope he finds a good home for it.

Wasn't aware you could delete an entire thread.....

None of the above! For the time being the car has been withdrawn for sale. I may take it to Europe later in the year. In the meanwhile I will just enjoy driving it. It was not my intention to delete the whole thread but as it has happened in some ways I am not sorry. I have my own records including a huge collection of photographs documenting the process of restoration from day one. There was nothing sinister about the deletion, just a simple matter of pressing the wrong button.

I will take this opportunity to thank all those who have contributed in one way or another.

The job finished, I could see no point in continuing the discussion.

Keep on keeping on.

Bernie J.

To all those unfortunate people who tow their prized possessions around in totally enclosed trailers.

Remember, the Good Lord gave us automobiles so that we could drive them, not just polish them.

Bernie, it was great to share your adventure with the Packard. You did an outstanding job. I look forward to your next project and hope that you come back to document your progress. You were the one that got me interested in documenting my humble car activities. But I know that everything has to come to an end, I understand, but still sad. Check in from time to time, and let us know what you are up to.

Bernie,

I too agree with John's comments above and to be honest I too was drawn to post my efforts after following along with yours and John's Avanti's thread. My efforts don't stand up to the skills that you've shown us all but it was a great incentive to me and I'm sure many others that pass through here. I agree too that if/when you get around to tackling another project we will be able to follow along with you as it progresses. Take care and good luck with the sale of the Packard. Scott...

Hi All

I have just completed writing the alternative (fictional) short-story of a 1923 Packard Single Six.If you think that you would enjoy reading it send me an e-mail.

2 1/2 pages so too long to post here.

Keep on keeping on

Bj.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to "yellowriv's" last outburst I have now deleted all my threads and posts from this section of the Forum and will not be returning.

Anyone wanting to keep up with my "antics" can follow my thread under 'International makes and models- British-Lagonda Rapiers'

Bj.

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)