'41 Ford V-8 coil question

Barry Wolk

He has a number of flathead fixes I'm going to implement. His water pumps move 30% more water and he has a machine to test and set the distributor, so I'm sending him that, too. I don't have a core coil, so he's supplying one for $25. He claims a 10-day turnaround. That seems pretty reasonable.

Thanks, they had everything in stock but the bottom hoses, with no ETA on the backorder. That would have been too easy.

How ingenious to make the water pump part of the motor mount.

IMG_0036_zpse0d0ef27.jpg

They left for Florida this morning. Wish I could have hand delivered them. Getting tired of winter.

Guest billybird

Yes that is "normal" for the early Ford v8's. A new power valve installed in the carb can help.......for a while. I usually have to prime my carb if the car sits over a week. Also; even with a new power valve if the engine gets hot {as Flatheads do} The heat can boil the gas in the carb to vapor. But that would be more of a summer time issue.

Guest billybird

Barry: In regard to the spacer, I would rather someone answer that who has actually done it. I have only heard it helps. Since my car is a point judged car I try not to have any incorrect add-ons.