1941 Buick with the dual carb setup

buick man

Came by this Buick the other day and took some photos. It sparked my interest. No affiliation what-so-ever but did talk to the seller in some detail. He told me he just bought the car a few weeks ago from reportedly the same elderly owner for at least 40 plus years. This Buick reportedly participated in the west coast 1980 Interstate Battery endurance run that covered a large breath of the west coast and southwest according to the seller as told to him from the previous owner. It is reportedly a life time California car. Bumpers front and back need new chrome treatment.

It has the 1941 coveted dual carb setup mounted on Buick's smooth running straight eight. I started it up via it's original foot switch and sounds good and solid. The body is overall solid and the stainless is in good shape. Trunk appears solid and the engine compartment and components appear solid and survivor original. Interior is in tack and original. The machined dash is O.K. but could be re-machined. The gauges work as does the glove box light. The brakes feel very solid and not spongy. I did not drive the car. Complete and a survivor. I took some photos. The seller told me he would consider offers but need to be at the $ 6000 price level.

This car would make a nice driver while still being a rolling restored project. This is all I know. I am posting this hoping some slum rod nut or chop lead flat black artist does NOT get their hands on it. The number to contact him is shown in one of the photos. The car is located in Santa Rosa, CA.

That is all. Go for it if you are interested.

David

Post Edit: Seller reportedly has rear window and side window. Walking around the car I noted minor body work around the rear upper outer driver's wheel housing has been done sometime in the not too distant past but appears and sounds correct when tapped upon. Did not have a magnet in my pocket. Nice tires and original hub caps/rings. Solid and rust free appearing trunk holds what appears to be the original factory provided spare wheel in excellent condition and spare tire complete with triple white beauty rings on factory wheel. Comes with many receipts, records and documentation and extra parts as evidenced and revealed by seller. Forgot to ask if he had a clear title to it or not but I would assume so by how he presented himself and the car. No apparent rust in lower portions of rockers or body. No cut out areas as well. He wants to turn it over reportedly so he can invest the proceeds into his 67 GTO project he showed me pictures of. Good Hunting!

post-56742-143141756012_thumb.jpg

post-56742-143141756045_thumb.jpg

post-56742-143141756074_thumb.jpg

post-56742-143141756103_thumb.jpg

post-56742-143141756132_thumb.jpg

post-56742-143141756161_thumb.jpg

post-56742-14314175619_thumb.jpg

Edited by buick man (see edit history)

The compound carbs are standard equipment in the 1941 Super, Roadmaster, Century, and Limited. They were optional in the Special--so some of them have it. Did you happen to note which series this one is? Looks like it might be a Special.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Pics #3 and #4 in Post #1 show hood emblems that spell out SPECIAL. Hint: after you click on the pic, double click it to enlarge the pic for a detailed closer look and scroll left or right, up or down.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)

Guest 65gs76limited

Did anyone ever make a aftermarket aluminum dual carb intake for these? I think I have one laying around and it looks like the one pictured.