What year is this "Cadillac" 1927?

Leif Holmberg

Thanks nzcarnerd.No one else seems to have another thought about this car so I have to trust you.My thought why it was a Cadillac was that one of the biggest GM seller here are lying just behind the car on left side.And X12 tells it`s a car for the top people in the heriarki.

Leif in Sweden.

The reason I thought this car was a Willys-Knight was the peak in the radiator which led me to think it was a Model 66B but they generally seem to have three bar bumpers - like Buick used in 1929 - or else tube type. It is certainly not a Marmon like the one in Woodfiddler's pics - that has its headlights mounted on stands like Buick and Cadillac used. I now think it is not a Willys-Knight at all but is in fact a 1929-30 Dodge DB Senior Six. UK-67-24 Dodge Senior Six Series S 4-door sedan [1928/1956] | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Dodge DB Senior 5 Seat Landau For Sale, classic cars for sale uk (Car: advert number 180100) | Classic Cars For Sale Maybe try posting it in the Dodge forum?

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)

It is certainly not a Marmon like the one in Woodfiddler's pics - that has its headlights mounted on stands like Buick and Cadillac used. I now think it is not a Willys-Knight at all but is in fact a 1929-30 Dodge DB Senior Six.

I see what you see now nz. Not a Marmon as I guessed. I like the possibilities of your Dodge, just that bumper throws a curve. Still looking, thanks for the feedback.

We're still trying Leif - hang in there.

Chuck

Remember that the bumper can be a little bit different just becuse that they can have been made in Sweden or Denmark,most of the bumpers I have seen here in Sweden from those days have had a small plate with Stockholm or Copenhagen on it.My thought on the "Cadillac" is that thats car looks "wider" on top than for example W.K and Dodge.Yes I will hang in there and see what`s comming up.

Leif in Sweden.

Thanks guys,it seems to hard to find the right make on this car just becuse so many other looks close to this one.I think I have to wroto to the Swedish "landsarcive"and see if they can help me.If I can get an answer I will tell you later.Proberly severel month later.

Thanks for trying to help me, Leif in Sweden.

Leif, Looking thru my pictures I find it looks more like another Peerless than anything else. That was the upside down car someone identified for you a week or so ago.. It was also an X registration.

I see the radiator has a cover on it but a bit of the car's name is still showing. Cadillac or Willys-Knight of the years suggested above don't have the correct front bumper, windshield shape, or any name on the radiator as this does.

post-89636-143139317639_thumb.jpg

The X registation is for the area(administrative district) just around vere I live until mid. 1960s .Different parts of Sweden had letter from A-Z and even AA,AB,AC and BD but most was single letters,then 1,2,3,4 or 5 numbers.Now we have as an example "ABC 123" intead.

The up and down Perless earlier was X2963 .Yes Perless can be a possibility too,as I wrote earlier the bumpers was often made here in Sweden or even in Denmark those years.

Leif in Sweden.

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)

nzcarnerd.Congratulation the car(Cadillac) is a Willys Knight,I don`t know the right year but I think you are right about 1929-1930.The owner was a Police inspector.

Thanks to all of you that have spend a lot of time on this question.

I got new message today that told me it was a 1929 Model 70B

Leif in Sweden.

Edited by Leif Holmberg
new message (see edit history)