1940 Limited - Inquiry

Guest BJM

There are 80-series Limiteds in 1940 and there are 90-series Limiteds in 1940. The 80-series cars are a bit smaller than the 90-series, but have the same 320 engine. If anyone wants a running, driving, 90-series 1940 Limited, there is one coming out in the Nov. issue of the Bugle classified ads that is a very near give-away price, in my opinion, and that's all I'm going to say!

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Series 80 Limited is a renamed 38 and 39 Series 80 Roadmaster. Apparently Buick wanted to cash in on the prestige of the Limited name. In 1940 the Roadmaster name was to be applied to the new C-Bodied cars, so it seemed like a good idea to help move out this soon to be discontinued body style that originated with Cadillac as their Series 65 back in 1937&1938. BCA Production lists Model 81 which is Fisher Style 4819 as 3,810. None of the other Series 80 and 90 body styles were anywhere close to this number.

Brian,

Very interesting.

Mine is series 90, and I note many differences.

You can view my gallery to see several shots of the "Baby"

Mike in Colorado

Mike

Thanks. Will check out your photos.

There are 80-series Limiteds in 1940 and there are 90-series Limiteds in 1940. The 80-series cars are a bit smaller than the 90-series, but have the same 320 engine. If anyone wants a running, driving, 90-series 1940 Limited, there is one coming out in the Nov. issue of the Bugle classified ads that is a very near give-away price, in my opinion, and that's all I'm going to say!

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Well that's not fair. I thought I remember you noting an ebay auction of one about 6 months back out of California.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...