1965 Wiper Blade Refills

Foxlovescars

Advance Auto parts shows a replacement blade, part #33-150. It's the entire stainless unit not a replacement. About $8 each.

Buy Trico Classic 33-150 at Advance Auto Parts

I would imagine that anyone selling Trico products would carry this.

Thanks for the tip. I ordered two from Advance online last night and will just use the refills and toss the arms.

Frank

I purchased a rubber refill replacement blade for my wipers - they come in different lengths, and you simply cut them to the length required, and use the original hardware to retain the rubber wiper portion of each blade.

Were they Trico refills? Of the three different adjustable #'s from Trico, the 6mm (#22-600) was too small and the 8mm (#22-800) was too wide. No one had the #22-700 in stock. Do you remember the stock number you purchased or still have the old package?

Thanks,

Frank

Sorry Frank - they might have been?, but I really don't recall, and I did not keep the packaging.

They came from my local CTC (Canadian Tire Corporation) store, a Canadian automotive parts source, quite a while back, and the inserts were an 'exact' match, and fit, to the 'originals' on my Riviera.

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

Has anybody tried something like this:

Lexor Rubber Inserts for Original Factory Wiper Blades Profile "B" : Amazon.com : Automotive

I'm thinking I might try it. It always seemed odd to me, back in the day, that I was paying for and installing not only the rubber but also brand new metal when it was obvious that you could just pop out the rubber blade and pop a new one in.

My 65 has ANCO wiper blades (8mm wide). Can I still get just the refills for these or should I switch to Trico?

I have not been able to find refills in my locals shops, Tony. Someone reported finding them online. I'd like to get a report back on that.

• 2 weeks later...

RivNut:

I ordered the Trico 33-150 wiper blades you suggested. They arrived and they are 15" blades. In this thread, I was advised the original blades that came with the car from the factory were 18". I actually installed the 15" blades to start with and they have a slight overlap, but nothing like the original 18" blades that I took off.

The most current correct wiper blade available would be the Trico 33-180 (180 desigates 18" by the way) but only one company stocks them and they sell directly to distributors (shows 900 in stock). Two national chains, Advance Auto and NAPA Online "list" the 33-180 wiper blades on their website but neither company stocks them, even for special order.

So here's the solution: if you don't need the metal arm, order NAPA part #WIP 601847 (18") and just take out the METAL refill and insert it into your original silver metal wiper arm. They retail for $8 each. This way it looks original and you have real metal spine refills, not the cheap plastic ones I see on so many other early Rivieras.

"I'm Frank O'Donnell and I approved this message."

• 3 months later...
Guest NordeastKen

If you still have the metal spine and just need new rubber you can still get just the rubber insert at your Toyota dealer. Bring your original blades and they should be able to match them. I think the application was for a 80's Land Cruiser. I think I had to cut a bit off of them but the width was ok.