When not to have a black out

Guest namvetschrysler

Guest namvetschrysler

When you are holding your Carter BB1 Carby the model with a Die cast bottom section and standing on a cement floor.

BB1's are hard to get and expensive a bottom would be an impossibility i should imagine.

Four days in Hospital and no reason can be found and no i hadn't been drinking.

Regards to all

Guest namvetschrysler

Thanks a lot Dave, at this time i just would not know where to look for this it has stressed me a bit i can tell you, took me months to be able to get the carby and was just about to get a new kit for it, anyway although it did not have an ID tag when i got it i believe it is a 289 SD, BB1 D is the same, well the bottom section is as far as i knowpost-77839-143139149667_thumb.jpg This is a photo of it before it was damaged.

Thank you all for your concern it is greatly appreciated

Regards

Guest namvetschrysler

Further to my misfortune and with no immediate luck in getting just a carby bottom section for my BB1 i have had a thought of adapting a Ford B model carby to my Chrysler, i am wondering if anyone heard of this before or if they think it is a good idea,

Thanks

Hi There

I have two BB1 carbs in my collection. After comparing them, it looks like the bottom castings are all the same, and the top is different depending on throat size. If you can send me a picture or outline of the joining gasket with measurements, I will take one apart and see if it is the same. I am almost certain that they are. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send some pictures.

Rick VanOene

I know how he must have felt, mine not priceless but still made me feel sick ( sicker)

hello i got to my storage over the holiday weekend and found the bb1s i have 2 if you stil need 1

i believe there early 30s chrysler (thats what i was told anyway,let me know if you still need one

i will post pics later if intrested dave