Torque specs

Guest jdar41

Guest jdar41

Anyone able to help me with the torque specs. for a 37 dodge 201.3cu engine. need torque for head bolts, mains , and connecting rods. Thanks

Should be the same as for Plymouth: 1933 Plymouth Torque Values

That is assuming you've got the 23 inch "short" engine instead of the 25 inch longer one. Not sure when Canadian Dodge production went to always using the longer block that was used on Chrysler and DeSoto in the US. If you've got the longer engine then you can probably use any of the later Canadian Dodge or US Chrysler/DeSoto published torque values.

Edited by ply33 (see edit history)

Re the question of Canadian use of long and short blocks, there was an article on the subject in Automobile Quarterly many years ago on the subject and I think that Canada started producing its own engines for 1938 and used them exclusively from then on. Not strong on the subject but I know it has caught a few out - buying the wrong head gasket for example - in this country as there is a mixture of the two engines here.

nzcarnerd is correct. From 1938 on Chrysler Canada made their own engines, all flathead sixes based on the US Chrysler/DeSoto 25" block. Before that they used engines imported from Detroit. Presumably the same ones used in american cars.

I have specs going back to 1941 if that is any help.

According to Motors auto repair manual rod bolt tension is 45-50 ft/lbs, main bearings 75-80 ft/lbs, head bolts 65-70 ft/lbs. These are the same values for all 6 & 8 cyl engines from 1935-1948. Just wonder why it takes so many posts to get a simple answer. Hope this helps

• 6 years later...