Need Help: garage full of GM NOS

Guest Bigsky

Guest Bigsky

Hi,

Let me apologize if this is the incorrect location to ask this.

My elderly father has half a 2 car garage of GM NOS. He used to own a small GM dealership and saved many of the parts. He was having great fun and success selling individually on ebay but suuferred a large stroke 3 years ago. We now dont know the best way to sell the parts. The parts he has range from old spark plugs and misc engine and body parts to parts books reaching across all brands of gm including corvette. Would anyone have any suggestions on how to sell these?

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

if the parts are all catalogued as far as application, and you have an idea of what each one is worth, then you could keep selling them them piece-by-piece on eBay or by targeting websites that cater to the particular car that a part fits. In the long run you'd achieve the greatest return that way. If you want to bail out of them due to lack of interest (or patience!) I'm sure there are many people who would be eager to make a deal with you. I would make a complete list and solicit bids to get yourself the best price. Don't be pressured to sell if you don't feel the price is right. I would hesitate to let prospective buyers rummage through the entire collection because their tendency is to 'cherry pick' and what you're left with are the items with the least value or marketability. Best of luck with your project.

Harold