2002 Eastern National Spring Meet Richmond VA.

UPDATE:National should have material from their printers now and registrations and information brochures should be mailed out very shortly. In the meantime go to our web site to get information and you can download and print out the Information brochure,see a local map and directions, hotel picture , events schedule etc. Our members have worked very hard to make this a great meet, hope everyone is planing to come, we have unlimited meet field space. Web Site: kitchen-art.com/aaca/2002regional.htm E-mail aaca@kitchen-art.com if there are any questions or post here. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Mike,<BR>We are allowing space depending on the cars in the particular class. A class with large cars will have 12'-0" of space. My 67 Cadillac is 77"(6'-5") wide. That leaves 67" to the next car if it is a same size car. No, it would be impossible to strike the body of the next car,or have yours struck, now, if both car owners carelessly opened the doors of their 2 door car's all the way at the same time mad.gif" border="0 <BR>We will know what car is being parked where when we lay off the field because of the pre-registration.<BR>Believe me we have thought of it all wink.gif" border="0

The Meet on the 15th is at Richmond International Raceway facility, The Host hotel is the Sheraton West for the 13th and14th events. cool.gif" border="0 Don't even mention that other meet in PA because we don't want the man upstairs to even think about opening the skies frown.gif" border="0 as he does up their quite often.<BR>I think we have him convinced to let the sun shine on us grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Thanks for answering the QUESTION I asked Big D... accidents happen and they happen more frequently when cars are parked very close together as in the large class where I was parked at HERSHEY. and lets not forget, it's usually the public coming through with cameras and baby carriages that are most concerning, not the car owners. Comforting to know that you have taken into consideration this VERY important aspect of any Car Show.<P>Mike

The trailers will be on the same field as the show cars. This is the parking area for the Raceway and is grass with crushed gravel lanes that will we will run on until parked and then used as walkways. Since National still has not sent out the information brochure or registrations, as mentioned above go to<BR> <A HREF="http://www.kitchen-art.com/aaca/2002regional.htm" TARGET=_blank>www.kitchen-art.com/aaca/2002regional.htm</A> <BR>and you can get all information including a copy of the brochure. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

UPDATE:NATIIONAL HAS MAILED THE REGISTRATION FORMS AND MEET INFORMATION,RICHMOND AREA RECEIVED OURS TODAY. grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0 <BR>Now, Do us a favor, fill them out and mail ASAP, so we will not be too swamped near the May 21st Deadline. Have to do computer and paper work, order T-shirts, order proper # of busses for tours, speaking of tours, the private collection we are visiting Thurs. is worth the trip to Richnond, not to mention the free wiener roast while there. The Richmond Tour Friday AM will give an overview of some of the historical and cultural places in our beautiful city. Be sure and attend the free seminar Fri. night on Southern Red Neck English Culture so we will be able to understand you at the meet on Sat. We think you will like the convenient and organized parking or the trailers on the same field as the show cars and the layout of the show field. So mail those registrations, put on your smiley face, let us do the work, and come on down the road a piece to THE EVENT OF2002. cool.gif" border="0 <BR> grin.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Dayton:<BR> I received my registration stuff today. All of us Northern Neckers will be coming west on US 360 to get to Richmond. I guess most of the local folk come to Richmond from time to time, but I never have except to take my Dad to MCV. I go I-295 to Florida or I-295 to Charlottesville.<BR> I spent most of my life in No.Va. or Maryland. I've only been to Richmond a couple of times, except for going to MCV. And just think smile.gif" border="0 I was giving everybody else directions!!<BR> You don't have US 360 on your map, and I can't figure out how to get to either place, the show or the Banquet. I thought the show was going to be at your usual meet site near Mechanicsville on Laburnam Blvd. Apparently not.<BR> Can you send me directions by email separately or on here on how to get to each place from US 360. I guess I could also come by Rt. 301 toward Ashland off of VA Rt 3.<BR> My email is buickman@crosslink.net<BR> Thanks, Earl Beauchamp<p>[ 04-18-2002: Message edited by: Dynaflash8 ]

• 4 weeks later...

Earl, There is a Wall Mart Approx. 3-4 miles from the meet field just off I 95 North of Richmond at Parham Rd exit. He could stay in the Raceway RV Parking area for $25.

Even though I've been in AACA close to six years now I've never been to a large meet. It's close by- I'd like to come as a spectator to see what things are about and meet some of you. Is that possible?<P>Thought about trying my 76 Olds' luck but don't know yet if I can get the time off, so decided to not waste the show staff's time and space with a maybe. Probably better to dip toes in the water first?

Rocketrader, AACA Meets are open to all members and the general public as well, to visit and be a spectator. ONly members can show vehicles and compete for awards and they must be preregistered on forms obtained from National in Hershey. Should you want to participate in any of the events, we have tours, dinners etc lined up, you would need to call Hershey today to get the form as the entrys must be postmarked by the 22nd. You might especially want to attend the Awards Banquet to see how the awards dispersed etc.. Come on over we would lide to see you.