1942 46S Serial # Location

g-g-g0

I have recently purchased a 1942 46S and I am trying to find the serial number location on the FRAME. The tag is on the cowl but I am trying to locate it for the BMV so that I can transfer the title. The car is currently titled with the engine number and that has been a problem for me in the past. Could it be under the battery tray? Any and all help is appreciated.

Pictures coming soon.

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks for the tips! I removed the battery tray yesterday but so far the numbers appear to be very elusive. Will give it another go soon!

Gary

It should have been around where they told you. It is a rectangular plate, attached to the top of the fram by two rivits, just before the battery or just behind the battery. That is where the '39 Buick serial number is located. If this is not a blackout model, i.e. H1942 that is where it should be. There were a number of suttle changes on the blackout model, one being the tailights and others being that all the pot metal ornamtation was replaced by painted steel, i.e. the hood openers, trunk ornament...I'm not sure about the hood ornament, but it might have been made of lead, as was the wartime 1941 hood ornament.

Thanks for the tips! I removed the battery tray yesterday but so far the numbers appear to be very elusive. Will give it another go soon!

Gary

I have never seen a '42 serial number on a plate on the frame. They are stamped into the frame rail itself, under the battery box. Usually they are stamped very lightly, so, you will have to clean the area very carefully, and all at once, a number will appear before your eyes. I've had to look several times on some of my (16) '42 Buicks, but, they are there, just hard to find. If you have trouble, give me a call sometime. 314-574-9853