Name that Part

Guest CanadianVictory6

Guest CanadianVictory6

So, I have a "treasure" trove of antique parts that came with my car. However, I'm not sure what some of them are. I thought I would post some pics of the parts. If anyone has any idea what they are, what car they are off of, or what year the part is, then that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Guest CanadianVictory6

So, here is the first one. Obviously, it is a radiator (Let's call it Radiator #1), but that's about all I know. :D

post-82992-143139055383_thumb.jpg

post-82992-143139055388_thumb.jpg

Guest CanadianVictory6

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll try and add a few more pics, tonight, of more of my mystery parts.

The rads are not of my era but don't the photos look like pics of the same DB rad?

I thought # 1 looked famailiar ;)

Guest CanadianVictory6

Yeah. I thought they were similar too. I just wasn't sure, because of the missing emblem. So does that mean they are both for a 1928 Standard 6? If so, they aren't even for my car.

I'll call this one Gearbox #1

Sure you dont want to name it Rusty or Crusty ;)

I havent a clue, dont recognize that one

Last, but not least (this time anyways). We'll call it Pedals #1. More to come. :)

Too quick for me, mechanical brakes, might be someone will beat me too it, I will have to look into something

Your tannys are for victory 6 and the other is the bell houseing

for your clutch as your 2 pedals are on the same shaft

Victories used hydraulic brakes, this assy is dated sometime prior to 28 if it is Dodge but may not even be I suppose, good luck and let us know what you find out

Guest CanadianVictory6

It is quite possible that these other parts are for another DB car. They were amassed by my uncle (whom I got the car from), I think he would have been mechanically inclined enough to only collect DB stuff. I think someone said in a previous post that the radiators look like they may be from a Standard 6. I will take measurements on that, and post them when I have a moment. Would any of this stuff be of any use to me?

Didn't the Standard 6 have mechanical brakes. The bell housing looks very DBish as well

You are correct Ron, they did but the assy does not look quite right from the diagram within the part book