The Most Expenssive Reatta Ever?!?!

MarkV

I disagree.

1. Convertibles are rare.
  2. Select 60s are really rare.
  3. Select 60s with 4000 miles are once in a lifetime rare.
  4. They will never be made again.

Some collector will buy that car and eventually will double his money. Just my opinion. Bushwack, you had better grab this one!

I disagree.

1. Convertibles are rare.
  2. Select 60s are really rare.
  3. Select 60s with 4000 miles are once in a lifetime rare.
  4. They will never be made again.

Some collector will buy that car and eventually will double his money. Just my opinion. Bushwack, you had better grab this one!

Car may be listed in L.A.'s CL but it's located in Ohio (closer to you than me).

Car has also been listed (on and off) on AutoTrader for over a year. Worth $28,000??? So far, the buying public has spoken.

I would agree that maybe in today's market 28k might be overpriced but SS 60s with 4000 miles don't come along often. If I were a collector with extra cash to invest in a Reatta, and I had a place to store it, this would be the one I would want. The truth is I don't have the cash, or room for storage, and I love driving my cars too much to be a collector. :)

Also note that it DOES NOT have a Select Sixty Dealer hood emblem.

Some people believe the 1990 Select Sixty came with the emblem....... they did not.

That hood emblem was made for the 1988 Select Sixty dealers cars.

Guest steveskyhawk

1990 Select Sixty convertibles did come with the special hood ornament. It was not installed on all units at the factory. In some cases it was delivered to the original owner shortly after the sale with instructions to have the dealer install it. Some owners neglected to return their car to the dealer for this service. As a result some 1990 Select Sixtys have the standard ornament and some have the unique badge.

Steve is misinformed........ it was the 1988 that was to have the special emblem and the cars were shipped before the emblem was available. ( per a conversation with Ed Mertz, Buick General Manager at that time)

The emblems were shipped to the dealers (when they became available) that received the 1988 Black/tan coupes and ...... the dealer was to install the emblem, however many dealers did not, so the 1988 coupe that was added to the dealers allotment as a reward for being a 1987 Select Sixty Dealer may or may not have the special emblem.

The 1990 Select Sixty convertible had a hood emble that was the same as all other 1990 Reattas. There was no need to add a special identification emblem as the cars themselves were different than the production 1990 Reatta convertibles.

In the most recent Collectable Automobile, there is an article on the Buick GN and it tells about the 1986 Select Sixty dealers getting the 1987 Buick GNX added to their allotment if they chose........ however many of the dealers were in markets that did not sell performance cars, so of the 60 dealers, only 47 chose to have the car added to their allotment. These cars had no special identification.

We have also found that in 1981 the SS60 dealer car was a 1982 Riviera convertible, this car had a Select Sixty emblem added to both front fenders under the Riviera name and there was a dash plaque with the dealers name. Picture below

post-30596-143138979788_thumb.jpg

Guest steveskyhawk

Barney is misinformed or under-informed. I know of two 1990 Select 60 Convertibles that have the special ornament still in its original box and the letter from GM to have the ornament installed by the dealer. I have also seen 1990 Select Sixty Convertibles with both versions of the ornament. It is a shame that Barney hasn't seen these cars or met the owners.

The attached picture is of a 1990 Select 60 convertible with the correct hood ornament.

The car in my signature is a 91 Convertible, not a select 60. It is a nice car too.

post-53748-143138979825_thumb.jpg