Hey there gang...not so new guy

Guest Stevie G

Guest Stevie G

Stevie G here, I've been away for a while. Dad's 64 is doing fine, and I just picked up a 63 at the North Georgia Swap Meet. I got what I thought was a pretty good deal on an original Riv that needed restoration. Well, after rebuilding the AFB, I got to thinking...what happened to the 4GC, so I cleaned off the front of the block, and there it was, the most beautiful two letters I have ever seen - JW.

The brakes are done all the way from Booster to rear wheel cylinders. There was at least an inch and a half of brake fluid in the booster...yikes! I have a pair of 40 series Flowmasters where the resonators go, and I think I will try chambered mufflers behind the axle. For the first time in a long time, I did not experience buyers remorse. Not even the slightest.attachment.php?attachmentid=1608642&d=1333848092

Welcome back!!!

I remember you well.

Can I get a photo of the data plate on the '63 from you? If you do, I will decode it for you. Be sure to show the upper left corner of the plate so I can see the date code.

Thanks!!!

Guest Stevie G

I will do that tomorrow. I filled out the info over on the ROA when I signed up, and posted the color under the deck lid and in the wheel wells, which was a dark silver. After looking in the quarter panels, I looked at the data plate to discover it was Diplomat blue when new. This should be a fun / enjoyable summer.

How's that gas tank? Good thing I had two spares, this car had a rough ride out from wherever it was resting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Stevie G

Jim, I checked out the tag on the firewall. (TRIM 718J2) I get that 718 is Blue leather, but what does the J2 at the end of that mean?

Do all the paint codes have a star after them, or does that mean something was done different? (WW * Paint) actually a five pointed star.

The Diplomat Blue is starting to grow on me. That light blue headliner just doesn't look right though.

ACC D I6 N2 SU7 Z4

Thank you Sir

Stevie,

The J2 is the code for 4-way power bucket seats. Why it's not on the same line as the other codes is an unknown.

As you've probably read in previous threads, the only codes on the firewall are for options that Fisher Body needed. There would need to be screw holes, tabs to hold wires, etc that needed to be made before final assembly. The glass was also installed by Fisher Body before that body was sent to final assembly. When the car arrived at final assembly, other options could be installed.

My '63 also has H1- electro-cruise, H2 - cornering lights, L1 - tilt wheel, M9 - cast aluminum wheel covers, O7 - Four note horns, T4 - oversized white sidewall tires (7.60 x 15 tires on 6" rims.) It also has the I-6 tinted glass, J2 - power 4-way seat, N2 - air conditioning, S7 - remote mirror, U6 - Power vents, and U7 - power window, X1 - Guide matic, and X2 - twilight sentinel. and Z4 - auto trunk release. Here are pictures of my Fisher Data plate and window sticker. As you can see, only the First list I mentioned are on the data plate. (On the data plate codes U6 & U7 are combined into U8)

Ed

post-50017-143139092322_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143139092315_thumb.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest Stevie_G
Stevie,

The J2 is the code for 4-way power bucket seats. Why it's not on the same line as the other codes is an unknown...

Ed

Thanks Ed. I guess they figured the codes associated with the seats belonged together.

I am pretty sure the light blue headliner is correct for the dark blue interior. I am in Hiawassee for the summer, to get away from Houston heat, so I don't have my reference materials here. I have a book with all that in it.

I am pretty sure all of the paint codes have a star after them.

I am pretty sure the light blue headliner is correct for the dark blue interior. I am in Hiawassee for the summer, to get away from Houston heat, so I don't have my reference materials here. I have a book with all that in it.

I am pretty sure all of the paint codes have a star after them.

Nice area to spend the summer! I just spent the week camping not too far from there at Unicoi State Park.

Guest Stevie_G

Well, Clark's doesn't even sell the dyed light blue headliners anymore.

They do have the alternate colors I was thinking about in stock though.

Hmmm.

Guest Stevie_G

Bedford eh? Thanks !

Yes, I have the SMS website up now checking out options.

After talking with the local trim shop, I'm looking at how much I can do with "over the counter" stuff from Clark's and the like.

I am remembering why most of my builds have been Resto-Mods.