Speedsters Anyone?

Steve_Mack_CT

• 2 months later...

Speedsters were no doubt the birth of the modified street vehicle movement, for the serious builder. They were surprisingly common. Even up here in Canadian farm country, my father tells of a ride on the tail section of one that went through a barbed wire fence after the rod style brakes failed. He managed to escape with the usual scrapes and bruises, but at 84 still remembers the ride well. The car was stored in a local barn and ran on an Essex chassis. I've attempted to track it down several times but it was probably scrapped during WWII. I have an old Moon chassis I've thought about building into a speedster of some sort but so far it's another stalled project.

• 1 month later...
Guest BrianLI
It would be interesting to have a speedster club with a meet at some track to run them.

RHL

Do you mean like this? :)

It looks alot faster than it really was. Top speed of aboout 45, but it sure is FUN!

mud3-1.jpg

Guest BrianLI

Or maybe this............. The track is at the Latimore Valley Fairgrounds in York Springs PA. The event is a show held every May called the Jalopy Showdown. They let us go out on the track for a 'photo op' So we get to run around at a controlled speed 1 car at a time. LOTS of fun and a great time.

redspeedster2.jpg