National Nailhead Day !

Guest BigDogDaddy

Guest BigDogDaddy

March 22 or 3/22 is the date to celebrate Buick's first V-8 engine. The Buick 322 is affectionately called the Nailhead. It was quite an impressive engine in it's day. It is a smooth running engine and has plenty of Buick's Legendary torque.

When it debuted, it had the industry's highest compression ratio.

Yes, I posted about this last year, and I will keep posting it until it becomes accepted as the norm or a genuine National Holiday. If I were president, I would declare March 22 a National Holiday.

So if you have a Nailhead powered vehicle, take it for a ride and Celebrate the Nailhead, and if someone asks you about your car, tell them it is National Nailhead Day and explain to them what that means.

HAPPY NAILHEAD DAY !

Phil

Guest wildcat465

I guess I can tip one for today.

Next month on the 25th I will probably tip a few more.

How will the 364 guys celibrate?

Cool, I'll have to go kiss the 322 in the geerage tomorrow, that I learned how to drive on and all my siblings came home from the hospital in!! Can't believe my mom took a picture of us sitting on her car!! The last two were later, '62 and '65 and '65(Chris/wildcat455) has 2 '56 Buicks!!!!!

jul1960.jpg

Edited by BUICK RACER (see edit history)

Guest 89 Maui

Amen to that date.

I will never forget getting my drivers license on March 23 and driving my dad's '54 Super hardtop nailhead, it was freedom at last. My grandfather had a '53 Roadmaster hardtop naihead and it was a beauty.

Yes I agree to having March 22 as NAILHEAD DAY.

OK Buick People: When ever I go to the bank and explain to the teller that March 27th is a very important day for Chevrolet they haven't a clue of what I'm talking about. You'd think that after so many years of going to that bank they would get it.

Isn't there a national Riviera day too? Mitch

Amen to that date.

I will never forget getting my drivers license on March 23 and driving my dad's '54 Super hardtop nailhead, it was freedom at last. My grandfather had a '53 Roadmaster hardtop naihead and it was a beauty.

Yes I agree to having March 22 as NAILHEAD DAY.

that would have been a day I'd never forget neither. You must have had a cool dad and grand dad.

gotta say, dem Nailheads is one Buickful engine.

Guest Rob McDonald

We 364 lovers will tip a pint on all 364 days of the year that aren't 3/22. Actually, we might tip one on March 22, as well, but only in the hearty company of a '53 to '56 Buick owner.

We 364 lovers will tip a pint on all 364 days of the year that aren't 3/22. Actually, we might tip one on March 22, as well, but only in the hearty company of a '53 to '56 Buick owner.

Well Rob, you could make your trip up I-25 where you would pass two brewries and maybe three Buick clubs where I am sure there would be a number willing to tip a couple of Landau Lagers or Nailhead Nut Lagers just for the privilege of seeing a Beemer with a nailhead radiator.

Problem is; that route would probably make the trip home a little tedious.

http://forums.aaca.org/f115/buicks-beer-298925-2.html#post857590

Dan

Guest wildcat465
We 364 lovers will tip a pint on all 364 days of the year that aren't 3/22.

I guess I'm a 364 lover as well!!!