OT: Need opinions....

Bushwack

I have a short window to decide whether to purchase a 2005 Thunderbird (50th anniversary edition). I know it's only a few years since the run ended but was wondering if anyone has read anything regarding it being considered a collectable.

BTW...can't find anything substantial on the internet whether this car is expected to be a collectable. FWIW...car has 3,900 miles, both tops and flawless inside and out.

If you think it's a decent price, go for it. It's a limited production car, and with a substantial name like Thunderbird behind it, I expect it will become a collectable in time. You may have to hold onto it for a little while, but you may regret leaving it behind later.

Figure around 2025 it will start back up if nice. Only reason to buy one today is if you want one. Suspect a Crossfire might be a better choice.

I agree with Padgett I think the Crossfire might be a better choice esp if it is the Roadster. That is a nice looking car and really not that common. The TBird is also a nice car but I think it will take longer to reach collector status

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

Guest Squire Tom

if they would have resurrected the '57 sheet metal and kept the modern drive train it would have been a success. new bird is like the reatta , you just have to like it for what it is , cause you are going to have it for a long time.

If you like it and the price is reasonable.....buy it.

Now the numbers. There were a total of 68,098 T birds made in '02,'03,'04, & '05, 3+ times the number of Reattas, but all T-birds were convertibles with V8 power.

Will the T-bird be "more" collectable than the Reatta, maybe, there are more Ford fan than Buick. In 2002 there was a Neiman Marcus edition and 200 were made, the '05 anniversery model was produced in a quantity of 1500.

Guest Richard D

If you plan on driving it be aware that all the reviews I read said it has bad cowl shake, I drove a friends with 21,000 miles and I could not believe how much the chassis flexed and squeeked, groaned and was not fun to drive. The owner told me the hard top helps stiffen it a little. It has not ever been in an accident.