31 Plymouth axle width

Guest monc440

Guest monc440

I have searched the site and google but cant find what I need.

Can someone tell me the rear axle width of a stock 31 Plymouth. I would like from wheel flange to wheel flange but any specs would be helpfull.

Thanks

Guest monc440

broker-len,

I want to know what axle width will fit like a stock one. The rear axle I have under it looks like a Mopar axle but it looks like one form the 50's looks real wide. I don't have a stock axle but I have a bunch of old axles and need to find one that fits like the stock one. So since I do not have a stock one to measure I thought I would ask.

Also looking for some body parts driver door, grill shell.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WindDancerCal

Monc,

I just Bought a 31 plymouth PA 4 door Sedan and I need that info also as the car I have purchased is in Oregon state and I am Here In Las Vegas NV. I cant go get the car till My college Classes at CSN are done at the end of the Term. I am looking into putting a Corvette C4 Independent (dana 44) rear Using a Kit from Flat Out Engineering. I had a 56 Chevy truck with Flat outs, front and Rear Corvette Bracket kits Welded on and It is Completely the Best MOD i have ever done. Made that old truck Drive like the 2002 Zr1 Vette that My Ex wife Stole from me in My divorce. (may she rot in hell LMAO)

If you find out what the Proper Wheel track is Please Let me Know.

I also need to buy a Flying lady Rad cap as my car is missing one.

Ill keep an eye out for parts for you. NV Desert is good for Non Rusty spares.

Let me know what state you are in.

Thanks a Lot

~CAL~

I have used the C-4 suspensions well although I used the stock C-4 crossmember in the front. This is far better that any Mustang II set up I have ever worked with.

I have used the coil over brackets from FO and they fit and work well.

Dont tell us that you are going to cut up a restorable car or you will **** off the guys that hang out here.

Guest WindDancerCal

Thanks for the tip Jack!

I actually Grew Up in a Ford Model A Family! I would consider on an A to hack the frame But this Is Not a Ford "A." Ford As are common but this 31 Plymouth PA is a Rare car. I intend on Building a From Scratch frame Using 84 to 86 Corvette suspension. I used to have a 56 chevy pickup that I did that conversion with a Flat out Engineering kit. I had Both front and back. It made my old truck ride and act like the 2002 Vette I had before The ex.....

The original Frame and parts for the 31 PA will be stored at my dads in Nor cal under cover. That way if I want to put the car Concourse I can. I have done many cars original But this time I am building a Driver For me Not anyone else. I intend to put my favorite Engine a Dodge Cummins 12 valve from a 93 Dually along with the 5 speed and a Gear Vendors overdrive With a Dana 44 out back on this one.

I am hoping to get about or over 30mpg with all the Power I could ever want.

Anyway. I bought my car from a Lady in Oregon.

Thanks again Jack!

Nice meeting you and conversing with you.

To ALL I Do Not Hack up Valuable old Cars. The cars that I have built as Rods Have always started out as someones Parts car that was going to be crushed With basic body and nothing else or just a Pomona Swap body. I Personally Believe that these old Cars are a Treasure, that should Be Preserved. My 31 PLY PA Is missing an engine, and transmission. I would Be interested in talking to Anyone Who has an original PA engine / trans for sale that is right Serial numbers and not frozen solid. My car was bought from a Widow It has sat in a Garage or metal Building for About 40 years. I am fortunate to Have such a treasure and am happy to have a Plymouth instead of the 30 Ford model A that I was looking to buy.

~Martin~

~WindDancerCal~

BTW you can Call Me the "Chief"

Spent 23 years active duty Navy

I saw your "Captain" in the house

~~Laughing~~

Guest monc440

If no one posts the width in the next few weeks I will know soon as I'm going to pick up a Plymouth in NY in about two weeks.

I'm in Michigan AKA the land of salt and rust.

John

OK Chief, No, not Navy.

But I will enlighten all.

Years ago when I started racing the dirt tracks I was an outboard motor and stern drive mechanic. We had an old Chrysler that had painted some green and red stripes to indicate port and starboard.

The tow rig had the name of the boat yard on the doors the marina was my sponsor.

I had befriended the track announcer and everybody loved that old Mopar as I was racing in sea of Camaros and Novas. It became known as the Tuna Clipper.

One day the announcer was imperssed by some move I made and blurted out that the captain of that vessel had just dodged a bullet.

Somehow that stuck and years later I am still known as the captain in my racing circles and beyond. (it would seem that I am captain of my local pool team as well, hence 'in the house')

Well I bought the Marina from the previous owner, made a career of that and have long since retired.

Funny how some things stick with you.

Off subject, so sorry if anybody is mad at me for rambling on another guys thread.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

Guest monc440

Off subject, so sorry if anybody is mad at me for rambling on another guys thread.

Come on guys lets keep it on the subject. ;)

Just kidding ya. It's all good I know how you old guys like to talk.:D

Funny when I was a kid my dad and I used to go visit my great grand dad and while driving over my dad would tell me "if grandpa goes on and on just let him talk, it's all hes got" So now when my daughter and I go visit my dad I tell her the same thing. I wonder if he knows we are just letting the old man talk?

Guest WindDancerCal

Sorry Monc,

Jack, Didn't mean to get you in trouble Jack! ROTF

I am sorry for Taking over your thread Monc!

Its good to meet similar minded People.

~Chief~ LOL I like it!

It suits me to a T not Ford Blah~~~~~

Guest WindDancerCal
If no one posts the width in the next few weeks I will know soon as I'm going to pick up a Plymouth in NY in about two weeks.

I'm in Michigan AKA the land of salt and rust.

John

Monc if you need parts I in Las Vegas NV all good rust free here I will keep a lookout just let me know what you need.

~Chief~

Guest WindDancerCal
Come on guys lets keep it on the subject. ;)

Just kidding ya. It's all good I know how you old guys like to talk.:D

Funny when I was a kid my dad and I used to go visit my great grand dad and while driving over my dad would tell me "if grandpa goes on and on just let him talk, it's all hes got" So now when my daughter and I go visit my dad I tell her the same thing. I wonder if he knows we are just letting the old man talk?

IM not that old John,

Im turning the Big 50 in may, Today i signed up for classes at CSN College of southern Nevada.....

~CHEIF~

Guest WindDancerCal

By The WAY TO ALL:

I am very happy to have Joined this Group!

Seems to me that there are a lot of STAND UP Guys here!

Cheers>>>>>>>>>>

Big Thumbs up for Takeoff!

~CHEIF~

Guest WindDancerCal
OK Chief, No, not Navy.

But I will enlighten all.

Years ago when I started racing the dirt tracks I was an outboard motor and stern drive mechanic. We had an old Chrysler that had painted some green and red stripes to indicate port and starboard.

The tow rig had the name of the boat yard on the doors the marina was my sponsor.

I had befriended the track announcer and everybody loved that old Mopar as I was racing in sea of Camaros and Novas. It became known as the Tuna Clipper.

One day the announcer was imperssed by some move I made and blurted out that the captain of that vessel had just dodged a bullet.

Somehow that stuck and years later I am still known as the captain in my racing circles and beyond. (it would seem that I am captain of my local pool team as well, hence 'in the house')

Well I bought the Marina from the previous owner, made a career of that and have long since retired.

Funny how some things stick with you.

Jack I will just call you Captain

Captain Where are you in Oregon?

My car is in Salem

I will be making a trip after school term ends..

~Chief

Monc440...I just went out to the shop where I have a 1931 Chrysler CM6 rear axle (which I believe is the same as the Plymouth PA) and it measures 52 1/2" from the inside of the flange to the inside of the flange.

Guest monc440

John

Thanks for the axle width. the one I have is about 58" I think it is out of a 53 Dodge.

Chief. I was just messing with Jack. I don't mind the rambling at all. 50 WOW! You are old. LOL

I'm hitting the big 40 this year. Funny other than a little joint pain still feel 25.

You youngsters are doing all of the rambling here !!!

Chief, I am in Newberg, about 20 mins from Salem. I get down there all of the time if you need any errands run.

Let me know when you get up this way.

I am looking into a car in Fresno and usually when I make a road trip I take a shortcut thru LV.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

Guest WindDancerCal

Captain,

Your right near my 31 PA it is in Salem! I am making the trip in June i think after school. And monc, Its ok to be the kid but im not OLD yet Laughing

Guest WindDancerCal

I had an interesting day...

Had a procedure only needed once every ten years if your over 50. Wasn't too much fun and I am beat! Have a Great night Everyone!

Guest WindDancerCal

Captain,

If you want that car in Fresno let me know, I may be able to Transport for Diesel costs as I need to drive empty with my 26 ft 3 axle enclosed / secured custom hauler. to get my 31 Ply PA in Salem. Im going to bed now...

Guest WindDancerCal

Captain and Monc,

Had a very exciting day here at the College I feel like a Young College guy over there and later I got several FULL Rolls of MOHAIR !!!! For $350.00!!! I am so excited! they want Over $200.00 For ONE Yard, at lebaron and Bonney! I don't even know how many yards I have but i couldn't lift One of the several rolls that i bought into the back of my car it was so heavy! Friends.....I will Share some of this with a kind soul after I have my PA done.....

Guest WindDancerCal
Thats a good offer Chief, I will let you know if it happens.

Captian,

Please do let me know I may even be able to go sooner Than June if things work out. I just don't want to miss school...

< School is fun!! Makes me feel Good about Myself >

Two Thumbs up for Takeoff.....

Edited by WindDancerCal (see edit history)

Guest monc440
Captian,

Please do let me know I may even be able to go sooner Than June if things work out. I just don't want to miss school...

< School is fun!! Makes me feel Good about Myself >

Two Thumbs up for Takeoff.....

Glad to hear your liking it.

Let me know on the extra Mohair as I have to do my complete interior and rumble seat. What colors?

Let me know on the extra Mohair as I have to do my complete interior and rumble seat. What colors?

The rumble seat should NOT be mohair. They never put mohair back there. Vinyl or leather would be better.

Guest monc440
The rumble seat should NOT be mohair. They never put mohair back there. Vinyl or leather would be better.

I was kinda thinking about that. So the next question is did they make a rumble seat car with mohair interior and a leather rumble seat or would the entire car be leather? Thanks

I was kinda thinking about that. So the next question is did they make a rumble seat car with mohair interior and a leather rumble seat or would the entire car be leather? Thanks

Yes....mohair or broadcloth interior and leather or vinyl rumble seat.

Guest WindDancerCal

Monc its a reddish brown,

You will not want to do a Rumble seat in Mohair! Is not a good idea. Use vinyl Or leather. I have been busy! lots of homework! School is great though. I have news..... I bought another Chrysler in Washington state A 56 Chrysler Windsor, kid says it was Gramps car. I am flying down soon to drive it back. I will have class mate send homework and notes by email. YEaaa!

TWO BIG thumbs up for Takeoff!!

Guest WindDancerCal
You youngsters are doing all of the rambling here !!!

Chief, I am in Newberg, about 20 mins from Salem. I get down there all of the time if you need any errands run.

Let me know when you get up this way.

I am looking into a car in Fresno and usually when I make a road trip I take a shortcut thru LV.

Captain,

you want company for a night?

The Chief is coming through in a 56 Chrysler Windsor Soon.

Call me i pmed my #

Guest WindDancerCal

Keiser is completely correct!

Y...I am in Newberg, about 20 mins from Salem. ...I am looking into a car in Fresno and usually when I make a road trip I take a shortcut thru LV.

Totally off topic here but I am wondering how Las Vegas, Nevada is on a shortcut for a road trip between Salem, Oregon and Fresno, California....

Guest WindDancerCal
Totally off topic here but I am wondering how Las Vegas, Nevada is on a shortcut for a road trip between Salem, Oregon and Fresno, California....

Im rollingon the floor!

Its not on the way but I have freinds in Fresno I was stationed at NAS Lemore near Fresno.

Two thumbs up!

Guest WindDancerCal
Las Vagas is just a magnet of sorts for those that dont have much of a life. Like me.

Chief, I got your message.

When are you coming through?

I have been away from the computer for a few days.

Captain,

You will be the first to know as soon as i book my flight!

Looking forward to meeting you and to have a beer! The MATS (MOPARS ON THE STRIP)weekend was Fantastic. If you want to come next year You have a Place to stay. It was so cool seeing the Mighty MOPAR Drag Cars and Rails on the strip, Reminded me of when i was a young boy My Dad and uncle taking me to see Don garlits and all the other legends of the day. I don't think i have EVER seen that many Mopars in one day also. there were people even from overseas with there cars! It was a Great time. I have had a long day so Gnite all!!

OK Chief. You can stay here if you want to. However I live in a small apt above my garage, but the couch is empty.

What part of Washington is your Chrysler. I am only about four hours from Seattle.

I guess I have never heard of MATS, I would fit right in there.

Guest WindDancerCal
OK Chief. You can stay here if you want to. However I live in a small apt above my garage, but the couch is empty.

What part of Washington is your Chrysler. I am only about four hours from Seattle.

I guess I have never heard of MATS, I would fit right in there.

You have to come visit me next year Flights are dirt cheap into vegas! The Chrysler is in Port Townsend on whidbey.

Cheers!