Amazon.com Pricing/ Ronnie's Store

Rawja

As someone with a 10 car fleet '1984-94 and OCD when it comes to maintenance, I buy a fair amount of auto parts.

I've primarily been using RockAuto and GMPartsdirect, but noodling around it appears that a great deal of the items available from the aforementioned vendors can be gotten for less money via the Amazon route, not just accumulators and pressure switches.

It takes a little more time and cross-referencing, but there's real savings to had. F'er instance Looking at SensaTracs:

Front (Monroe Part Number 71800):

RockAuto: $41.79 + Shipping

Amazon: $36.24 Free Shipping

Rear (Monroe Part Number 71966):

RockAuto: $58.99 + Shipping

Amazon: $55.80 Free Shipping (drill down to seller "Just Suspension")

It's not absolutely always cheapest, but you can save a few bucks if you're willing to do the extra leg work.

Since updating the Reatta Resources thread to add references to Ronnie's Reatta Store, I have tried to remember to click thru his store before making my purchases on Amazon. While truthfully I rarely visit Ronnie's site, it's clear from the postings on here that many do and find it to be a valuable reference so I go to the minimal trouble of clicking thru to help support the site and why not? It doesn't me cost anything.

Ronnie: I'd suggest doing a little more work on the store to add more components (the struts are the most obvious, brake hoses, filters, and other consumables would be a good idea as well) which will make the store a better resource as well as getting you some more money. :D

Edited by Rawja (see edit history)

DOH!

I'm really embarrassed. Ronnie has pointed out to me in a PM that he does indeed already have the stuff I was referring to listed in his store. I go to his site, and sure enough there everything is. :o

I spent all that time doing the leg work when Ronnie had already done it. I must've had a mild stroke or something.

Is that toast I smell? :rolleyes:

is that 21 dollar coilpack in ronnies store for real?
It is for real. You can't beat that price. Grab one before the price goes back up.

This is the coil pack that sits on top of the Ignition Control Module. It does NOT include the Ignition Control Module.

The 71800 strut is listed for the 88 reatta, will it work on a 89 Reatta? If not what is the difference? the price is much cheaper than the listing for the 89-90
The 71800 will not work correctly on an '89 model. Go to The Reatta Store and look at the photos of each one. The differences are very obvious. The strut for an '88 has a flat plate sticking out the side and the one for later models have arms sticking out on each side. Completely different struts.

Good job on posting the "store"

Another example of why Reatta owners do not have to pay high prices.

I see the accumulators are currently $ 93. That is a very good price.

The pumps at $ 452 are pretty high though. Maybe I should raise my prices on used pumps. I recently sold one that was almost new for $ 85 and am currently completely out of pump/motors. Sold 6 in the last month or so for about $ 60 each.

my coils are leaking but the car still runs good.is this what i need?
The ICM is probably what is leaking instead of the coilpack. I haven't seen a coil pack leak. Does it look like it is coming from side, between where they mate together? Could you take a photo of where it is leaking and post it here?

Good job on posting the "store"

Another example of why Reatta owners do not have to pay high prices.

I see the accumulators are currently $ 93. That is a very good price.

The pumps at $ 452 are pretty high though. Maybe I should raise my prices on used pumps. I recently sold one that was almost new for $ 85 and am currently completely out of pump/motors. Sold 6 in the last month or so for about $ 60 each.

Thanks Jim. There are some really good deals in my store. Example would be the coilpacks for $21. That price could change at anytime.

The accumulators were $119 earlier this morning. I see they have went back down again. The price fluctuates daily due to supply and demand. Anyone needing an accumulator should grab one off my store before they go back up. At $93 people should be buying a spare.

Thanks to everyone who has been using The Reatta Store!!

The pump listed is actually a complete assembly and includes a pre-installed new pressure switch. I discovered this quite by surprise when I ordered one a couple of years ago, so it's not quite as expensive as it might seem at first glance.

I have to agree that $452 is a lot of money for the pump motor assembly that includes the pressure switch, but it is still a good deal compared to RockAuto's price of $594 for the same part. Plus you get free shipping.

I admit I would go the used route if my motor failed but I listed it in The Reatta Store for the people who want to go with the best part they can find for their cars. I'm sure they still like to get the best price. :)