1928 DB Flatbed Truck

juanatejeda

Hello all,

I found a 1928 Flatbed DB, not sure but pretty sure it is a 3/4 ton. Pretty much what I have, only flatbed. It is located in Ventura, CA. It is supposed to be pretty complete, except for the Exhaust manifold, which the owner sold to me for my Four Screen.

If any one is interested, if I recall, he is asking around $1,500 for it all. Get hold of me and I will give you the info.

No pictures of it, but can probably get some.

Juan

Do you have a frame # ? Located on frame on the drivers side above the front spring mount.

Looks more like a 27. I noticed the curve of portion of the rear frame. Is this a commerical car chassis and not the commerical truck chassis. Also noticed that it has mechical brakes.

I am looking for imformation on flatbed construction since I am about to start my build of my 28 Dodge Bros flat bed. Any body got some information or photos?

See attached photo of my truck.

post-71470-143138831954_thumb.jpg

Do you have a frame # ? Located on frame on the drivers side above the front spring mount.

Looks more like a 27. I noticed the curve of portion of the rear frame. Is this a commerical car chassis and not the commerical truck chassis. Also noticed that it has mechical brakes.

I am looking for imformation on flatbed construction since I am about to start my build of my 28 Dodge Bros flat bed. Any body got some information or photos?

See attached photo of my truck.

Prob. just titled as a 28, what specific information are you looking for on the flatbed?

Thanks for pictures. I have some idea of what to do and will proceed. I have some photos of other flat beds.

I did see a truck at the Hayes AG muesum in Woodland. It is a 30's chevy with a wood bed. The truck came out the Northwestern Truck Muesum in Oregon. The bed was built of douglas fir by a firm in Oregon in the day. Anybody know the name of the company that did this.

post-71470-143138832697_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143138832751_thumb.jpg

I assumed it to be a late 1926 (maybe early '27) because it has a slow four "C" motor. I believe sometime in '27 they switched to the D motor,fast four.There is an article in Hemmings Classic Car mag. (Jan. 2012) written by a Graham collector (article features his '27 Graham DC series). He states that in 1927 all Dodge trucks were built in Graham plants and sold as Grahams.The front sheetmetal,engine/trans. were still built by Dodge and used the DB speedo.What differentiates the Graham cab from a 1926 DB is the narrow window behind the drivers door.

I think the stakeside looks tough, shorter wheelbase with that bed is appealing to me but its your truck, I am looking for a flatbed photo but have yet to find one. In 1928 there were over 1800 different combinations available for these trucks so would hard to go wrong I suppose