propeller shaft seals

Can anyone give me the part numbers for the propeller shaft seals for a '39 series 40. I have the group # which is 5.469 but I don't yet have a copy of the 1928-1941 chassis parts list. Any assistance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the sizes too. Try making enquiries with the sizes and not part numbers. I just walked into the local bearing supplier here in Sydney and asked for modern T-type oil seals. Had them the next day.

Danny

post-37069-143138809466_thumb.jpg

The other thread http://forums.aaca.org/f115/propeller-shaft-320469.html

Without the group number was unsure what seal you were after

As Danny, comment, walk into a industrial bearing suppler:- not a car parts shop. Will also be a a lot cheaper

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Hi Danny, I tried using the sizes you gave me, didn't matter, he used his calipers and surprise, surprise he could find no matches. This was an industrial bearing supplier. I guess maybe the work ethic is a little stronger where you are or the reference data is. Thanks anyway, it should have worked.

• 7 years later...
I read this topic and  found that some have found a replacement seal by going to a bearing supplier and replacing seals by size.   I tried to do this online, in trying to do so, I learned the OD of seal 130831, listed in my parts book and depicted above in danhar's post, is incorrect.   The OD is listed as 29/32", it should be listed as 1 29/32".  I didn't dig my seals out of storage, I just went off the dimensions in my parts book.  Which are the same dimensions depicted above for seal 1308321.  
With the OD listed as 29/32" (and my lack of knowledge how number of parts needed are depicted in the parts book) it lead me to assume the listed ID of 1  17/32"  didn't mean "one inch and 17/32" it  meant "one part needed with a 17/32" ID".   
I just dug my seal out of my stash, and my measurements are consistent with  1 17/32" ID 1 29/32" OD x 1/4".   Hopefully, this information may save others some time and frustration.  If anyone knows the part number of suitable seals, please post them or PM me.  I am not looking for NOS, I am trying to find new seals with new rubber, in leu  of NOS with rubber that is up to 80 years old.