matches the trim plate, any help on this

Thanks in advance

Bob

11C = body build data = November 1962, third week

63 = 1963

4747 = Riviera, 2-door hardtop

FB = Flint, MI Fisher body plant

8791 = body sequence number

788 = trim code = Black Leather and Vinyl with Bucket-Type Front Seats (seams to match the paper tag you found on the COMB line which probably means trim combination)

CC = paint code = Arctic White (lower and upper)

* (star) = I've seen it before on other trim tags, but don't know what it means

ACC. = Accessory (Option) codes:

D=??

I7 = Soft-Ray Tinted Glass Windshield Only

SU7 = ??

Z4 = Automatic Trunk Release

* (star) = I've seen it before on other trim tags, but don't know what it means

Q - The "Mystery Star by Chuck Good ROA #1526 Vol. 8, No. 1, p. 14)

In reading old Riview articles, it was posted that the * star on the trim plate meant that the wheels were painted a non-standard color. If you have the original wheels, please check to see if they were painted something other than the standard black. Post some pictures, please!

We love pics! As many as you want. Members love to see other members cars. Don't be shy!

Here's a link from the Team Buick website that shows all of the codes for '63 (nothing similar for '64 or '65.) At the very bottom of the list of codes is code 33 with footnote R. It basically says that a wheel could be ordered in an optional color to match the "lower body color." I'm thinking that refers to two-tone paint jobs. Remember, on the Fisher Body tag, the paint code is a two letter code - left letter for upper color, right letter for lower color.

Optional wheels on a '63 Riviera referred to the width of the wheel. Std. 7.10 x 15 tires came on 5.5" wheels. If you ordered Code T4 whitewall or T5 blackwall you got the oversized 7.60 x 15 tires on 6" wheels. We figured this out when it was brought to light that there were two different stud lengths for the cast aluminum wheel covers.

Team Buick

Ed